Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-31-2010, 10:10 PM   #1
dpshim
Junior

NCKA'r looking to hookup for some La Jolla fishing 1/4-1/7

First and foremost, I'd like to say happy holidays to everyone down south!! My name is Daniel, and I'm a member of Nor Cal Kayak Anglers (NCKA) under the same handle. Another member from NCKA, Anacapabob, suggested that I go to this cool site for some friendly advice and possible hookups.

My gf and I will be traveling down to So Cal for 5 days of vacationing from 1/3-1/7. I consider myself lucky to have a gf that is allowing me to bring my yaks down with us (OK T15 and Tarpon140) on our vacation

Initially, I was contemplating to hit either the Catalina,Channel Islands, as well as La Jolla in search for either YT, threshers, WSB, sheephead and/or calicos. However, my fellow brothers from the north suggested La Jolla for some possible winter YT action.

Although I've been fishing for over 20 yrs, I've been kayak fishing for only a year. However, I've been very fortunate to have done over 30 outings already in the cold Pacific and lucky to have caught some fish for the memories: 48 lbs wsb and 23 lbs lingcod.

Even though it'd be real awesome that my good friends from the south can give me some helpful pointers on increasing my odds, it would be even better to meet and hookup with some cool locals!!

I would love to make some new fishing friends, where we can start a friendship and invite one another to each other's events/trips/outings from both spectrum of the Golden State.

Thanks for taking the time to read this, and I wish everyone and their loved ones a wonderful 2011!! Looking forward to meeting and wetting lines together

- Daniel
dpshim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2011, 07:10 AM   #2
Iceman
Administrator

Any friend of Bob's.....

Fishing has been slow with squid in record breaking tonnage all up and down SoCal. Makes it hard to pinpoint an area with fish.
Old 01-01-2011, 09:19 AM   #3
Hunters Pa

Good luck! NCKA are a great group - I fished with a bunch on an Islander trip a few years back. I'm about 100 miles north of La Jolla & don't have teh knowledge most on this board do, but if there's anything you need send me a pm.
Hunters Pa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2011, 11:58 AM   #4
dpshim
Junior

Iceman and HP, happy new years to you both!! Thanks so much my brothers for your posts, I really appreciate it

Andy, I hope that we hookup and get some time otw. Of course, hope we can celebrate together with good company and some fish action I feel ya on the massive squid, as we had abundance of it up north which helped keep the wsb staying up there for some good time. Either way, just experiencing La Jolla/SD is what it's all about

HP, thanks for the kind words about NCKA Believe me, I've heard some great stuff bout this site as well as a lot of cool brothers from So Cal I'm hoping to make some new friends, where we can start networking and welcoming each other to do what we all enjoy: kayak fishing! Being born in So Cal, having freinds/family still there, as well as coming down to LA every 3 wks for business, SCal holds a special place I hope to meet and fish with you someday, and if you ever do make you way up to the Monterey Bay, I'd be happy to do some ling hunting with ya and anyone else
dpshim is offline   Reply With Quote