Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-02-2008, 10:50 AM   #1
Sherm

After work buggin 10-02-08

After work bugs

I met up with my wingman yesterday afternoon for an evening of buggin. The tide was low and the paddle out was nice. We got to ur spot and set up the hoops just before sundown. We let the hoops set for a little while and went to pulling. Jim was first with one keeper and several shorts. My hoops were being molested by a sea lion so my first pulls sucked ass. The pulls after that got better. I ended up the night with three legals and atleast 15 shorts. On my last pull of the night I caught the smallest bug yet. i can't believe this guy didn't get out of the net. He could fit through the holes with ease. Cute little guy. I think I've seen bigger crawfish.

The night was warm and the sea was glass. A very nice night to be out. There was no moon and the stars were bright. Almost as bright as the intermitant red glow of the tip of my cigar.

Ran into Masta (Nick) on the paddle back. He was heading out. Can't wait to get out there again.
Attached Thumbnails

Sherm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008, 12:38 PM   #2
dorf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherm View Post
I think I've seen bigger crawfish.

Looks more like a prawn.

Nicely done.
Old 10-02-2008, 01:17 PM   #3
Sherm

Quote:
Originally Posted by dorf View Post
Looks more like a prawn.

Nicely done.
Probably would have been the best tasting one. Maybe it will be big enough by the end of the season.
Sherm is offline   Reply With Quote