Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-12-2013, 10:13 PM   #1
Lipripper92592

Modified Lowrance Scupper Mount

I wasn't too happy with my DSI transducer hanging so low with the Lowrance scupper mount in my Trident 15. Also, the way the bracket is made, plus the round scupper hole there was nothing to keep the transducer from sliding around or twisting out of line with the bow.

IMG_0567 by lipripper1, on Flickr

I made a template out of cardboard and traced the shape using some of the extra HDPE cutting board I had from an earlier project. The egg shape was cut using a small router with a straight bit. The edges were tapered using a file so the piece would lay flush with the bottom of the scupper hole. Since the Lowrance DSI scupper mount is about an inch away from the bottom of the scupper hole I used the transom mount and cut it leaving a section in the middle untouched. A hole the same size as the nylon rod was drilled in the center of the area and epoxied in place. The shape of the transducer and wire was traced and routed out leaving about 2mm of HDPE at the bottom, a box core bit was used on the edges to fit the radius of the transducer. This will cradle the transducer tightly and keep it from shifting while holding it about 2mm away from the hull. The nylon rod was then fed up the scupper hole and the same top cap was used to snug int down, holding both the transducer and the cradle in place.

IMG_0569 by lipripper1, on Flickr

IMG_0570 by lipripper1, on Flickr

IMG_0571 by lipripper1, on Flickr

Below Flush with the hull !

IMG_0572 by lipripper1, on Flickr

IMG_0574 by lipripper1, on Flickr

IMG_0573 by lipripper1, on Flickr
Lipripper92592 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 07:18 AM   #2
danjor

Looks good!
danjor is offline   Reply With Quote