Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion

Old 02-28-2019, 09:48 AM   #1
makobob
Baitless on Baja

Location: Vista California, Gonzaga, San Quintin, Asuncion, Mag Bay
NEW SCOUT 430 inflatable

Yesterday was an anniversary for me. One year ago they took my left foot, due to
a very persistant bone infection. So to celibrate the day I broke down and bought
an inflatable boat for my Baja trips this spring and summer.

When it gets too hot, I will spend some time in Campo Rene, and in Mag Bay. Temps
are cooler there in the summer. Beach camping and open fires in the night are for me
the reel Baja.

Because of some friends I decided to do moore fly fishing and I wanted some deck
space and the ability to STAND to sea and cast. I needed to keep the weight down,
and I needed propulsion. Already have a 4hp Merc and a 6hp Honda in great condition.
One in Mako-ville and the other here in Vista.

After I saw the 12 footer that Norman Miller and Mike Silva had and I had talked to
Ryan Moriarty and had seen his Scout 365 many times, it was just too small for my
wants.

Well guys they just released the NEW Scout 430. It is 14 feet long, that makes it two
feet bigger in length with the same beam, 3 1/2 feet wide. And I purchased the first
one, It was delivered 47 HOURS after I ordered it, so Saturday I am Baja bound once
again. Will have a few pictures and maybe a review when I return? No we now have
reliable internet at the restaurant, so you will get something EARLY next week.

If this works out as well as I think it will then I will be getting rid of some toys. A stand
up paddle board, a Hobie 11is with 180 drive, a Solo skiff with the Boonedox UPGRADED
landing gear, but without engine. Maybe a brand new Solo too. And who knows what else?

In the mean time Tight Lines and I hope the weather gets warmer. Forecast for Mako-ville
for the next 12 days looks nice in the 70's with winds below 15 and most days below 10. I
cannot ask for moore then that to CELIBRATE my new lease on life.

Home 760-630-4470
Cell 760-520-2514

YES YOU CAN
makobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2019, 10:02 AM   #2
makobob
Baitless on Baja

This New Scout is an extended Scout 365, it is a total of two feet longer averall. 18" inside the transom and 6 inches behind the transom. The space inside gives the fly fishermen room for two to stand and cast. While the 6" behind the transom helps add to the weight capacity which will be 600 lbs. The boat is big enough for 3 people to motor around in. Speaking of motors it can take up to a 6 hp. Sea you soon with an on the water report. Tight Lines.

Home 760-630-4470
Cell 760-520-2514

YES YOU CAN
Old 02-28-2019, 12:33 PM   #3
FlyinRyan

I’m supper stoked for you Bob!

If any of you guys want to take a closer look at the 365 or the 430 we will have a booth at Fred Hall Long Beach. If you miss us there I’ll be taking a Scout365 over to OEX Sunset Beach, and yes it’ll be available on demo days!
FlyinRyan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2019, 01:21 PM   #4
Iceman
Administrator

sounds like a very cool model!
Old 02-28-2019, 04:27 PM   #5
makobob
Baitless on Baja

I set mine up yesterday. Took this old man one legged man about an hour to assemble, inflate by foot, get the leaning bar set up and installed. Did not install the rod holders yet. But thats only a minute when I know where I want them. Had to use their included foot pump because mine is with the Hobie 11is at mako-ville. Time also included breaking it down and putting it in the oversized srorage bag.

When in camp it will live on the cart Robert Mitchell brought to camp. Easy launch being 60 feet from the high tide line. For fishing the mangrove lagoons down south it will carry three anglers and their gear. Load the boat, run to a sand bar and work the channel on foot or by boat. With a 600 pound capacity 3 guys will not be a problem. This might just be the one. I will do a review in te next week. Tight Lines amigos.

Home 760-630-4470
Cell 760-520-2514

YES YOU CAN
Old 03-01-2019, 06:33 AM   #6
Baja_Traveler

Looking forward to seeing it Bob - One week from today Christine and I will be on the road - should be pulling into the restaurant around 11 am for a lunch break, then on to San Ignacio.

Sure do hope the immigration office is open at 6am to get our FMM stamped, have had no luck there the past several trips. Wouldn't worry about it going to Mako-ville, but we are headed to Loreto this trip after the whales, and I'd hate to get turned around.
Baja_Traveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2019, 01:28 PM   #7
makobob
Baitless on Baja

Sea ewe in camp amigo. I'll be there in about 20 hours, tight lines and have a safe drive down.

Home 760-630-4470
Cell 760-520-2514

YES YOU CAN
Old 03-06-2019, 12:15 PM   #8
flyfishinsteve64

Send a message via Yahoo to flyfishinsteve64
I may be interested in that i11s I just bought one as you know and once my wife see mine I think she will want on for traveling but we will see.
Steve
flyfishinsteve64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2019, 08:28 AM   #9
makobob
Baitless on Baja

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyfishinsteve64 View Post
I may be interested in that i11s I just bought one as you know and once my wife see mine I think she will want on for traveling but we will see.
Steve
Ok mine has been splashed once, and comes with the 180 drive and is available. Let me know.

Home 760-630-4470
Cell 760-520-2514

YES YOU CAN