Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-29-2008, 03:41 PM   #1
Sebastian

Scotty Triple

Hello all, does anyone currently use the Scotty Triple mount? Does it feel secure with 2 rods and a FF? Would you reccomend it? Any feedback - Thanks, Sebastian
Sebastian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2008, 06:43 PM   #2
Siebler

Have one on P13. Only way to go on a few boats. Works really well and is secure. I recomend using a flush deck mount and a mini extender.

Siebler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2008, 03:57 PM   #3
bwana

Scotty Triple

I mounted one on the front of my Marauder. I use the center for a fish finder mount and the outsides for rod holders, using only a single rod holder at times switching to either side depending on conditions.

Make sure you reinforce your base before mounting. I mount with a Scotty base and used sections of a plastic cutting board both ontop of and underneath the kayak plastic for strength and stability. I also mounted two tie down loops using rivets to the kayak - one near each end of the t-bar. I then attach a zip tie on each end of the t-bar to the respective tie down loop for added stability to prevent any twisting.

With those modifications, I have been using a couple of years without any stress problems and like having it. I attach all kinds of shit to it for convenience. It is also great having horizontal rod holders instead of trying to use the factory ones with your rod tips out of site feet up in the sky.

I'm amazed/ashamed at how many fish I catch dead sticking with these holders. I see something fishy on the FF and do a little wiggle and hook up.

Bwana
bwana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2008, 02:46 AM   #4
landwhale

I have one on my Caper it works perfect never any problem even with rods in both sides and the ff in the middle.

landwhale is offline   Reply With Quote