Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-26-2007, 06:49 AM   #1
madscientist

LJ 4/25 PM

Took advantage of the windless conditions to go north for bait around 3:00pm. Nothing at the pier but I stumbled on a school of greenies on the edge of Scripps Canyon and got a full load in one drop. None of them worked. :lol:

Did get a good zing coming in, probably a little T. Heard a smack, then my line took a quick scream. Grabbed it and felt one little jerk, then a bit of pull, then free. Bait came back stunned but intact. Tyler got hit in the same spot. We tried it again for nada. Perfect weather, just no feeshies that would bite.

Landing was a little more exciting than necessary. Guess the hotel and tennis club blew a transformer or something because they were both blacked out. We almost got in front of a big one but I just barely saw it coming and warned Tyler.

Last edited by madscientist; 04-26-2007 at 07:35 AM.
madscientist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 07:53 AM   #2
cioppino

We were out late as well. Strange coming in to the blackout. Saw SDGE at the first pole on the right, the one that arcs and sparks a lot, they said it would be a five minute fix. Ten minutes later they were gone. Twenty minutes later power was still off. I am suprised the resort does not have generators for back up power, all that money to stay there in the dark.

We saw two small spots of fish on the way in. Strange activity though. The fish were kind of flopping out of the water slowly like mullet or somethin'. Weird.

Beautiful night just no fish.
cioppino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 08:25 AM   #3
tylerdurden
Bad Clone

Quote:
all that money to stay there in the dark.
I made the same comment on the way in. As I was driving away the lights came back on the boardwalk, but the floodlights on the beach still weren't on.

Nice night but no fish. Lots of Molas jumping around to keep you on your toes. I almost casted an iron at one of them before I realized what made the splash.

Let the Fish and Game Commission know what you think about the proposed maps.

Be ready for December 9th and 10th.

tylerdurden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 01:09 PM   #4
fishdude

Did almost an all day journey on the yak. A few fish, sand bass, calico and cudas a plenty, but not the kind I was looking for. Looked fishy as could be no takers.
One cool thing was that my buddy and I where sitting in the kelp just pass the point and 6 white sea bass cruise right by the yaks.
All in all it was still a great day to be on the water.
It looks like La Jolla is going to pop anyday.
fishdude is offline   Reply With Quote