Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-15-2009, 03:54 PM   #1
PAL

January 2009 SoCal MLPA Update

Happy New Year to all of you. 2009 is going to be one hell of a white-knuckle ride.

I’ll keep this short and sweet. If you would like more information, please PM your phone number. My goal is to be accessible and available to the entire kayak fishing community as this thing motors forward.

Before I get to business, the KFACA is looking for a volunteer to manage our booth at Fred Hall Long Beach, including rounding up staff. I will have my hands full with government hearings that week, although I will do my best to attend. If you can run with it, please PM me ASAP. Kayak fishing clubs and organizations that staff the booth are welcome to promote their events.

Representing kayak anglers, MJ Kennedy and I attended the third session of South Coast Regional Stakeholder meetings this Tues and Weds. The preliminaries are just about over; line drawing will start in roughly two weeks. It is very difficult to predict how events will play out. I’m cautiously optimistic. We have a fair deal, roughly half of the stakeholders. We’ll end up with a livable conclusion.

You can bet we’ll try to hang onto EVERY one of our major launch sites and fishing areas. Whether we’ll be successful across the board, only time will tell.

Finally, you might have heard how the closure proponents flooded the public comment period. It’s true, they did. I want to reassure you, it means little. We can pack the room any time we care to call out the troops. It's not time. Remember, we have representation where it counts, at the bargaining table.

If you need more info, drop me a line. We're all in this together.

Tight lines!

Paul
PAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 04:44 PM   #2
Dan

THANK YOU!
Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 05:06 PM   #3
kurt

Thanks again, Paul, for doing this and keeping us all updated.
kurt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 05:39 PM   #4
Dennis

. We appreciate your efforts Paul. Thanks
Old 01-16-2009, 07:27 AM   #5
tylerdurden
Bad Clone

Thanks Paul.

I went to the MLPA meet and great at the Sea Rocket Bistro on Monday with Dave E. We made sure to give our point of view to anyone that would listen. It was dissapointing that we were the only 2 kayak fisherman there.

Let the Fish and Game Commission know what you think about the proposed maps.

Be ready for December 9th and 10th.

tylerdurden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2009, 07:36 AM   #6
Quilted Germ

Thanks Paul. As one who relatively picked up the sport, I appreciate the efforts of you and the representatives, as well as anyone donating their time to help out the masses.
Quilted Germ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2009, 07:52 AM   #7
Mr Mugu

Quote:
Originally Posted by tylerdurden View Post
Thanks Paul.

I went to the MLPA meet and great at the Sea Rocket Bistro on Monday with Dave E. We made sure to give our point of view to anyone that would listen. It was dissapointing that we were the only 2 kayak fisherman there.
And Thank You! Rest assured your voices did not fall upon deaf ears, during the meetings a couple of people mentioned speaking with you guys!

And no need to be disappointed in yak angler turn out. It serves us much better with a couple of unique perspectives flowing around the room, than flooding the room.

Thanks again

MJ
Mr Mugu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 10:38 AM   #8
PAL

MJ said it well. Now's not the time to pack the meetings; that will come down the road. Tyler and Dave, thanks so much; that was good work. You were heard. Now on to the Fred Hall Shows.

Steve Green has generously stepped up to manage the KFACA booth at the Hall shows. It’s a big thing – he’ll build, tear-down, recruit the staff, probably live there too - we’re grateful.

If you can put in a few hours at either Long Beach or Del Mar, please get in touch with Steve. We'll get you in free to the shows, so you can enjoy them before or after you've put in your time. Word is some tournament discounts may be available to volunteers, although the details are still being worked out.

Thanks!
PAL is offline   Reply With Quote