Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-29-2016, 02:35 PM   #1
makobob
Baitless on Baja

Location: Vista California, Gonzaga, San Quintin, Asuncion, Mag Bay
CDF&G

Last week I receiver a letter from CDF&G letting me know I might receive a call from a group doing research on MY fishing in So Cal.
Just spent 5 minutes on the phone with them. They wanted to know my fishing habits here. Quick easy survey, how many days for year did I fish California, Ocean or fresh. How many days for Jan and Feb. Even let me comment. For Jan and Feb I told him 18 days ALL in Mexico, surprisingly he knew why!!!!! They hear it from some anglers. ............ . Please take the time for the survey if called, it should at least give them some input. This used to be a GREAT state for outdoorsmen, maybe they do HEAR us. Tight Lines.

Home 760-630-4470
Cell 760-520-2514

YES YOU CAN
makobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2016, 08:55 PM   #2
Harry Hill

Quote:
Originally Posted by makobob View Post
Last week I receiver a letter from CDF&G letting me know I might receive a call from a group doing research on MY fishing in So Cal.
Just spent 5 minutes on the phone with them. They wanted to know my fishing habits here. Quick easy survey, how many days for year did I fish California, Ocean or fresh. How many days for Jan and Feb. Even let me comment. For Jan and Feb I told him 18 days ALL in Mexico, surprisingly he knew why!!!!! They hear it from some anglers. ............ . Please take the time for the survey if called, it should at least give them some input. This used to be a GREAT state for outdoorsmen, maybe they do HEAR us. Tight Lines.
I got a call from Arizona F&G with a fishing survey, I told them I live in CA and fish in CA and she did the interview anyway, for every question I answered in California and she just kept going. It was pretty strange and I'm sure useless for their survey but she was happy someone would answer her questions.
Harry Hill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2016, 09:30 PM   #3
Geno Machino
"Relax"

I will not give the dfg any info on my fishing habits or any info at all-again

They burned that bridge w me when using our info against us for the Mlpas.
Old 03-01-2016, 12:08 AM   #4
King Saba

I did that survey, but it seems like it's just for numbers and fishing preferences.
King Saba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2016, 06:26 AM   #5
octico

I did the survey yesterday. Seemed like a waste of time.
octico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2016, 07:01 AM   #6
Raskal311

received the same call last year.
Old 03-01-2016, 07:31 AM   #7
taggermike

I no longer have enough trust in the CDF&W to share information with them. Like Geno said, the data we gave was used to close down the areas we fished.

This data is so easy to sway against anglers. If many fish are caught then we're over harvesting the resource. If few are no fish are caught its because we have already over harvested the resource. Either way the "logical" response is to close the fishery.

When I'm approached by the data collectors at the ramps and landings I politely tell them that I have nothing else to say to them . mike
taggermike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2016, 07:38 AM   #8
Mahigeer

I have been surveyed too in the past.

I could not remember all of the trips, so I have been keeping an accurate tally for the next time.

They have already closed the Mole to lobster fishing, so I am not worried about what they do with it.
Mahigeer is offline   Reply With Quote