Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-13-2012, 10:47 AM   #1
bigbarrels

San Quintin

Heading down to San Quintin Sept 17th-21st...staying at Old Mill and fishing 18th, 19th, 20th with one other yak and a skiff. If anybody wants to caravan down let me know.
Old 08-14-2012, 02:13 AM   #2
jorluivil

Have you kayak fished there before? I've been talking about go there for a weekend trip next year with the local boys but I don't know much about yak fishing in that area. My brother and his wife have a small place in Ejido Francisco Villa (San Simon) which is just past San Quintin where we could stay for free. The place has enough parking for several cars but the house is very small, most if not everyone will probably have to camp outside or stay at a hotel if they want. The house does have a full kitchen and full bath (hot water included) and its pretty safe. If your up for it let me know and maybe we could setup a trip for next year with a few of the local guys.

www.facebook.com/Teamsewer
jorluivil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 05:56 AM   #3
bus kid
Team Keine Zugehörigkeit

Quote:
Originally Posted by jorluivil View Post
Have you kayak fished there before? I've been talking about go there for a weekend trip next year with the local boys but I don't know much about yak fishing in that area. My brother and his wife have a small place in Ejido Francisco Villa (San Simon) which is just past San Quintin where we could stay for free. The place has enough parking for several cars but the house is very small, most if not everyone will probably have to camp outside or stay at a hotel if they want. The house does have a full kitchen and full bath (hot water included) and its pretty safe. If your up for it let me know and maybe we could setup a trip for next year with a few of the local guys.

sound good.

Não alimente os trolls------------Don't feed the trolls---------------インタネット荒らしを無視しろ

bus kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 07:18 AM   #4
jorluivil

Quote:
Originally Posted by bus kid View Post
sound good.
You're always welcome, we need someone to cook and clean our fish.

www.facebook.com/Teamsewer
jorluivil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 07:37 AM   #5
bus kid
Team Keine Zugehörigkeit

Quote:
You're always welcome, we need someone to cook and clean our fish.
I dont know how to clean or cook fish since I have never caught anything, but I can detail a kayak like no other!

Não alimente os trolls------------Don't feed the trolls---------------インタネット荒らしを無視しろ

bus kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 09:52 AM   #6
bigbarrels

Quote:

that would be awesome! I'm always in on a Baja trip This will be my first time stopping in this area since I always drive past this area and fish south of there ( ie Punta Abreojos, Santa Rosalita) It seems like a great area for a surgical strike om a 3-5 day trip

Tom
Old 08-14-2012, 09:55 AM   #7
ful-rac
Emperor

Baja trip...! I'm in! who says we have to wait til' next year!
Old 08-14-2012, 09:58 AM   #8
bigbarrels

Quote:
Originally Posted by ful-rac View Post
Baja trip...! I'm in! who says we have to wait til' next year!
I'm heading down Sept 17-21st. My truck is full but you are more than welcome to caravan down with us. We have 2 kayaks and a skiff heading down.
Old 08-14-2012, 12:56 PM   #9
Baja_Traveler

I kayak fished San Quintin some 10-12 years ago, haven't been back since - but the fishing can be awesome! The bay is halibut central, with the bigger ones out in the bay entrance channel. I paddled out to the point and camped there for several days to be close to the action - never saw another fisherman except for the locals heading out the channel every morning. Caught lots of halibut, croaker and bass. All the bass came off the point just outside the bay. I also spent evenings digging clams on the beaches -the place was loaded with them.
When I go back I'd like to spend more time outside targeting yellowtail and WSB...
Baja_Traveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 01:39 PM   #10
bigbarrels

I'd like to spend more time outside targeting yellowtail and WSB...[/QUOTE]

that is the plan for this trip
Old 08-14-2012, 04:08 PM   #11
WahooUSMA

http://www.kmfishing.com/

Give Kelly a shout at K & M...He can provide transportation, etc. I was there last year. He does have Kayaks (hobies) available. Super cool dude. His son Oscar is back too. Both great captains. Have fun!

WahooUSMA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 09:54 AM   #12
bigbarrels

Quote:
Originally Posted by WahooUSMA View Post
http://www.kmfishing.com/

Give Kelly a shout at K & M...He can provide transportation, etc. I was there last year. He does have Kayaks (hobies) available. Super cool dude. His son Oscar is back too. Both great captains. Have fun!

thanks for the info! If surf is too big this might make a great second or third option.......fishing outside the channel would be the other option.
Old 08-15-2012, 12:43 PM   #13
Cbad Mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbarrels View Post
Heading down to San Quintin Sept 17th-21st...staying at Old Mill and fishing 18th, 19th, 20th with one other yak and a skiff. If anybody wants to caravan down let me know.

Hmmmmmm..... Maybe
Cbad Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 12:47 PM   #14
Cbad Mike

Quote:
I've got a tent and I always love "pretty safe" .
Cbad Mike is offline   Reply With Quote