Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-03-2015, 08:38 AM   #81
tstephens3232

Not sure if I can make it but just paid up more as a donation. Just moved out here, just getting into the scene (fished my whole life just not in a kayak). Read too many post on Steve's contributions not to help out. Wish I could do more.
tstephens3232 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2015, 08:57 AM   #82
fishing md

IN!!! C u @ 5:00am
Old 12-03-2015, 09:45 AM   #83
Amish Ed

I'll be there about 5:00.
Old 12-03-2015, 11:01 AM   #84
ful-rac
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amish Ed View Post
Tony, I had the same idea, but my firepit is on it's last leg. Not sure if it's allowed either. Seems to me if it's contained, it should be ok. I have plenty of wood should you choose to bring the pit.

It might be against the rules to make a fire...but who's gonna say something...I'm sure throughout the course of the day were gonna be breaking some kinda BS rule...like having to have a permit for this event...or something like that...

I'll bring my fire pit and some wood as well, Ed if you can bring some wood too that would be cool. I do have a propane one as well...maybe I should bring that one too as backup...
Old 12-03-2015, 01:30 PM   #85
Hunters Pa

Quote:
Originally Posted by ful-rac View Post
It might be against the rules to make a fire...but who's gonna say something...I'm sure throughout the course of the day were gonna be breaking some kinda BS rule...like having to have a permit for this event...or something like that...

I'll bring my fire pit and some wood as well, Ed if you can bring some wood too that would be cool. I do have a propane one as well...maybe I should bring that one too as backup...
It's not a propane firepit. It is a self-contained traditional cooking and gathering device. Any authority figure that challenges it will need extensive sensitivity training
Hunters Pa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2015, 03:10 PM   #86
Harry Hill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amish Ed View Post
I'll be there about 5:00.
Ed, do you still plan on going out tomorrow? What does the weather look like, the tv is saying it might rain, I'm more worried about wind. What do you think?
Harry Hill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2015, 03:42 PM   #87
INGRIDSDAD

We will there at 5:00 with a few boxes of donuts.
INGRIDSDAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2015, 03:58 PM   #88
Amish Ed

Tony, i'll bring lots of wood.

Harry, weather report keeps changing, and my
stomach is acting up. So, I'm going to wait until morning to make the call.
Old 12-03-2015, 03:59 PM   #89
Harry Hill

I understand, it will take me about 1.5 hours to get to Dana I think and I don't know where to launch so I will wait until morning and see what things look like.
Harry Hill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2015, 06:50 PM   #90
alanw
Made in U.S.A.

I think fires are only allowed in the designated fire pits at Doheney Beach, but whatever. Harry if you can see my old map I have the Baby Beach launch area marked. https://www.google.com/maps/@33.4608...g.kF9npQguqIvc
Malibu Stealth-12 ¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸><(((º>

Its not a spelling B its a fishing B ~yakjoe
alanw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2015, 07:59 PM   #91
DanaPT

Don't worry about weather it's been awesome...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screenshot_2015-12-03-20-57-32.jpg (42.7 KB, 109 views)
DanaPT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2015, 08:12 PM   #92
HELLSTER INC.

Who is going early saturday morning after midnight? I plan to be there sometime after midnight and head north towards salt creek.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
2018 SeaFox 248 Commander

HELLSTER INC. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2015, 03:17 AM   #93
Slay Rider

You guys are the best!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman View Post
66 paid entries and counting, a lot of guys paying knowing they can not attend and a couple of these paid multiple times for $100 donations. I anticipate 35-40 people fishing right now.........maybe more. $1320 raised to help out Steve with these entries and more the day of with some cool donated prizes!
Old 12-04-2015, 07:36 AM   #94
PAL

The Shootout for Steven Green Kayak Fishing Friendly tournament starts in less than 24 hours! Here's the latest - read it for important information:

*IMPORTANT: The Dana Pt area is fairly sheltered, but we have a south-southwest swell rolling in. Surfline is predicting 3-5 foot surf at Doheny Beach. That's big for the area. It will likely blow out the Doheny Beach halibut zone and the Capo Reef bass area. If this was your gameplan, better have a Plan B ready. Please exercise extreme caution if fishing in tight. The area is dotted with reefs that could produce sneaker sets. The harbor mouth and deeper waters should be unaffected. Both the launch ramp and Baby Beach are protected launches.

*Remember, if you're pre-registered you can launch 1 minute after midnight tonight, anywhere on the aerial photo on the event post. The weigh-in, lunch and awards ceremony are at Baby Beach. The paddle to the harbor mouth is much shorter from the launch ramp. If you use it, bring two $5 bills or one $10 bill for the parking gate. We will be taking walk-up sign-ups at Baby Beach only, beginning at 0500 and ending between 0700 and 0800.

*The bait barge located just inside the harbor mouth offers kayak scoops. Pretty sure the price is $10.

*Bring extra scratch for the raffle and / or auction - we have a number of choice prizes, including a sweet Dragonfly sonar arranged by our good friends at The Kayak Fishing Show with Jim Sammons. Other highlights include an original Charles Belñavis artwork, a Hobie Livewell, Water Wolf underwater camera, and a Okuma Komodo baitcaster. THANK YOU for the donations.

*The trophies donated by Ten Crows Forge are unbelievably cool. You want one. Fish hard. We are awarding for heaviest gamefish (no sharks, skates, rays or dead bass) and longest Catch, Photo, Release bass. We are also paying out $5 from each entry, split 50/50 between Big Fish and Bass.

*Yanni is cooking up fish tacos. We'll have water, soda and some Gatorade too. Want something else? Bring it! And a chair too, if you want a place to sit.

See you tomorrow. Let's make this a party for our good friend Steve Green, and help him with his cancer battle.

PAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2015, 07:47 AM   #95
Iceman
Administrator

Bait barge is currently saying 3-5 chovie only.
Old 12-04-2015, 08:11 AM   #96
Iceman
Administrator

Just counted up entries............80

We are going going to fill the lotat Baby Beach. You can launch from the boat launch and after fishing paddle down to Baby Beach, then after paddle back to the launch to load up and head home. Parking at the boat ramp is $10 and need exact change.

Old 12-04-2015, 09:19 AM   #97
Amish Ed

Just to clarify on the swell. Depending on which forecast you look at there is a 2' SSW and a much bigger 6-8' WNW. 15sec period so it'll be packing some punch. Doho should be ok near the river mouth, though I would watch it for a while before heading inside. The inside reefs at Capo on the other hand will probably be breaking. I know my favorite reef is in 20' and comes up to about 10'. It's out.
Old 12-04-2015, 10:14 AM   #98
Iceman
Administrator

Old 12-04-2015, 12:53 PM   #99
PAL

Last call for pre-registration - The Shootout for Steven Green Kayak Fishing Friendly tournament Paypal link goes silent by 10 pm tonight.

Even if you can't fish, join us at Baby Beach for lunch, the awards ceremony and benefit raffle. 1 pm, be there!

More prizes! Reels and combos and AFTCO apparel.

PAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2015, 02:32 PM   #100
deltadelta
Junior

Just signed up, any idea on how much raffle tickets are going to cost? I just want to make sure I bring enough cash.
deltadelta is offline   Reply With Quote