Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-10-2012, 06:27 PM   #1
jorluivil

Cabrillo 9 9 2012

The week started with what was supposed to be a long work weekend for me. Thursday our inventory department found that it would be necessary to work until 430pm Sunday so Friday I spoiled everyone's weekend when I sent the 'mandatory work schedule' to all branches from as far south as San Diego to as far north as Bakersfield. Knowing that I had to go in Saturday and be on call through Sunday at 430pm I decided to call off the weekend and skip fishing.

Saturday morning 630am I walk into the office, open my email and as usual I peak through the emails from my manager first. First email, 'No work will be performed on Sunday'. Great! That means that I'm only on call through 5am Sunday morning. After a one hour conference call and countless emails from my boss I called it a day and went home around 4pm. I called my dispatcher Sunday morning around 515am, all drivers are in the yard, no issues to report so I start loading the truck!!

Arrived at Cabrillo, to an awesome sunrise.

Continued to the bait barge and saw two other yakkers, I believe one of them was Chitown54 and the other was his wife or daughter.

As soon as I got bait, I started to paddle to a new spot but not before I had to switch the tradition ball cap look for one of the big straw hats, the sun was intense!!!!

Finally make it to the spot and drop the bait down to the bottom, slowly making my way into the no-no zone. First bump........

Strike 1:

Decided to circle around and drop another fresh dine in, maybe this one will stick

Strike 2

I knew I was right on the border of the fishing/no fishing zone but because the USCG didn't say anything when they first saw me I didn't move and went for another drift. As I drift through that fine line I hear a boat behind me motoring my way and guess who it was

Strike 3

I'm sure they would have left me alone but because the USCG Morgenthau was coming in they wanted to keep a safe zone so I was asked to move, they were cool yet stern. I politely acknowledged them and moved on to a new spot.

Fished a few other areas and as reported on Windfinder.com the winds picks up right around 2pm. Tried some shallow water fishing but between all the eel grass getting stuck in my intake and the winds I decided to call it a day but not before I caught something that was, let just say it was long.

Please keep our waters clean, after all, you do fish in them.

A few more cool pics from Sunday's drive home

www.facebook.com/Teamsewer

Last edited by jorluivil; 09-10-2012 at 06:37 PM.
jorluivil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 06:36 PM   #2
wiredantz
Currently @ MLO Territory

I am going to go to china town and pick me up one their cool hats!

Team: Disbanded
You only have one chance in this life...make the right decision(s)...so you don't regret it
wiredantz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 06:37 PM   #3
Biggameaddict
The Kayak Peddler

Nice man atleast you got off work. Maybe the trap rig wouldve got em? Wish me luck tomorrow will post a report! Btw how big were the dines you got?
Biggameaddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 06:40 PM   #4
jorluivil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggameaddict View Post
Nice man atleast you got off work. Maybe the trap rig wouldve got em? Wish me luck tomorrow will post a report! Btw how big were the dines you got?
I did have a trap rig, they bit just short of it on both dines.

Dines are about 5-6 inches and well cured. Make sure they don't load you up or they'll beat each other up and get all bruised. Ask them for a small scoop and tell them you'll come back for more if needed.......and as always don't forget to tip.

Old 09-10-2012, 06:52 PM   #5
addicted2sp33d
Here fishy fishy fishy...

Truck? What happened to that whole setup you got for your Civic?
addicted2sp33d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 06:54 PM   #6
ful-rac
Emperor

Aww comeon! I had to wait a whole day for that?! Theres no smile for you suck so i guess.....
Old 09-10-2012, 06:57 PM   #7
jorluivil

Quote:
Originally Posted by addicted2sp33d View Post
Truck? What happened to that whole setup you got for your Civic?

I still have it. If I want to get in and out of the water fast I will setup the yak at home and throw it in the bed of my truck. If I'm in no hurry I'll take the civic and take my time unloading and loading. I promised the wife I'd take her out Sunday so she was waiting for me at home.

Old 09-10-2012, 07:39 PM   #8
mtnbykr2

hey Jorge, that was a really cool report, serious...well done
Old 09-10-2012, 08:00 PM   #9
roby
CEO of Team Roby

Quote:
The week started with what was supposed to be a long work weekend for me. Thursday our inventory department found that it would be necessary to work until 430pm Sunday so Friday I spoiled everyone's weekend when I sent the 'mandatory work schedule' to all branches from as far south as San Diego to as far north as Bakersfield. Knowing that I had to go in Saturday and be on call through Sunday at 430pm I decided to call off the weekend and skip fishing.

Saturday morning 630am I walk into the office, open my email and as usual I peak through the emails from my manager first. First email, 'No work will be performed on Sunday'. Great! That means that I'm only on call through 5am Sunday morning. After a one hour conference call and countless emails from my boss I called it a day and went home around 4pm. I called my dispatcher Sunday morning around 515am, all drivers are in the yard, no issues to report so I start loading the truck!!
Can you "pm" me about the above information? I'm really interested to know more about it....
roby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 08:08 PM   #10
jorluivil

Quote:
Originally Posted by roby View Post
Can you "pm" me about the above information? I'm really interested to know more about it....
Ok, typing it up now

Old 09-10-2012, 08:48 PM   #11
bus kid
Team Keine Zugehörigkeit

Quote:
Originally Posted by jorluivil View Post

sock sucker, Thats it I'm getting another VW

Não alimente os trolls------------Don't feed the trolls---------------インタネット荒らしを無視しろ

bus kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 01:51 PM   #12
lamb

I'll just say not a lot of reports without big fish make the home page

Great pics!
Old 09-13-2012, 06:49 AM   #13
Badtaste2k

Nice report Jorge. Last couple trips I made out were just after sunrise and I forgot how nice it is over the Lane Victory!

Dan
Badtaste2k is offline   Reply With Quote