Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-08-2020, 10:04 AM   #1
roby
CEO of Team Roby

Cambria 8/1/20

I went camping and kayak fishing with Ericko and John Ruiz this past weekend. It was a relaxing and fun trip with some rock fish, beautiful scenery, and tater-tots. We camped at a private campsite a couple of miles from the launch, since all the public campgrounds were filled. Most mornings were foggy with plenty of wind and sun in the afternoon. Our afternoon sessions were wet and wild with 15+mph winds. We caught a variety of fish from reds, blues, blacks, cabezon, and a few short lings. I was mainly using swim-baits and hook-up baits. The fellas used some plastics too and squid. The biggest rockfish came in at 5lbs or so. The high spots out in deeper water were not producing and most of the quality fish were caught in the kelp, which seems healthy and thick in certain areas. We tried shore fishing from the rocks and poking around with squid but didn't get anything. I'll have to put some more effort into shore fishing next time since it looks like there's fish to be caught. Great trip and I'm already planning the next one...

roby is offline   Reply With Quote