Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-28-2014, 06:07 AM   #1
Big T
Member, You Member!

Sabiki Rod is too long...

So I'm about sick of my 8+ft Sabiki rod. Is there anyone out there that has the shorter one and wants to trade or knows someone that can modify the one I have?
Big T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 11:45 AM   #2
kaya_one

I think I have a 6' (might be 7') made by Ahi. Note that some brands of sabiki hooks that you buy are longer than the 5' of rod (if a 6' rod) so then you have a foot or so of sabiki hooks sticking out of the rod (lame ). To remedy this situation you have to cut the line and lose one or a few of the hooks, and re-tie which is a pain.
For some reason I should just take note of the brand of sabikis that are shorter but haven't consistently bought a specific brand.

I have the smaller version that I would trade for, but it is in about a 6 out of 10 condition (works fine, just not pretty). I'm in Encinitas. PM me if interested.
kaya_one is offline   Reply With Quote