Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-14-2009, 08:45 AM   #1
Iceman
Administrator

1/13 LB Island night fishin'

With the killer weather I managed to round up 4 other guys to paddle out from the catamaran launch about 6:30 and fish the entire tide swing, until 11. Thanks for the company: Steve, Amish Ed, SteveO and Clay! Steve was the ironman showing up in shorts. The rest of us were overdressed as light breezes kept it pretty warm until the last hour. We spread out and had a slow start with the first few sandies being dinks. Steve pulled up the only spottie and got pulled around by a big fish that hung up and shook off. I got the majority of my fish on the Strike King jerk baits, these things are nearly indestructible. Super soft, but seem like they have a fiber webbing embedded. 7 fish and still looked new. It also seemed all about the Uni Butter last night.
::MASTER ANGLER - Online tackle store ::Strike King 3XZTOO:::

Here is my best fish of the night, a 19 incher.

Old 01-14-2009, 09:16 AM   #2
landwhale

Thanks for setting this up what a perfect evening no wind calm water great group of guys and fish. I managed 4 sandies and 1 spottie all hit the newly buttered fluke and razorbacks. The longest fish I caught was about 14" and the skinyest sandie I have ever seen. The most excitement of the night was riding the propwash of the tug boat bringing in the barge to the island.

Any and his FISH

landwhale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 09:20 AM   #3
anjcomp

WTG, Cigar and bassing. Nice sand bass!
anjcomp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 10:24 AM   #4
FishSeeker

way to go guys
Old 01-14-2009, 10:50 AM   #5
Sherm

Toad sandie right there!! Sounds like a nice night out. Glad you were able to take advantage of the weather.
Sherm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 11:00 AM   #6
steveooo

Was nice to be schooled in bass fishing by a couple of pros. Andy and Steve are catching fish left and right and here is my total for the night. I caught one 14 in sandie on accident, got rocked by something big that pulled lots of drag then broke me off, had about a thousand short bites, and donated about ten bucks worth of lead to the rocks. Fun night, good company, great weather, and nice to explore some new places. Lets do it again
steveooo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 11:36 AM   #7
DESTROYER

Just doesn't look right Andy! Wrong kind of bass in your hands.
You need to move your arse back down here! Cool pic, thanks for sharing.

TL-Moyer
DESTROYER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 01:38 PM   #8
yakrider

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveooo View Post
I caught one 14 in sandie on accident, got rocked by something big that pulled lots of drag then broke me off, had about a thousand short bites, and donated about ten bucks worth of lead to the rocks.

LOL that's funny....
yakrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 03:44 PM   #9
Siebler

Nice report Andy. Those 3x plastics are a trip. I worked with that material a little bit at SR when it was first introduced.

It is a lot different than regular plastic as it does not come in a liquid form but instead in little balls. I seem to remember it smelling really sweet as well. Also it has to be Melted over direct heat, no Microwaves. And colors are limited becasue while regular plastics can be colored with power or liquid colorant, this can only use powder.

Overall it is a huge PITA to work with but great to fish with (most the time).

Siebler is offline   Reply With Quote