Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-26-2018, 06:27 AM   #1
dpricenator

High Speed or 2 Speed Spinning reel?

Hey guys, has anyone ever heard of or fished the Roddy 2 speed spinning reels? I am looking for a high speed spinner to pair up with a 10 foot Okuma Nomad Travel Rod. I'll be dodging bullets in PLaya Del Carmen, this June and plan on doing some surf fishing before the family wakes up each day. From what I can tell, poppers and flashy metal are the way to go. So in order to get a 6 inch 3 oz Popper to do it's thing, I need a reel, that can bring the speed. The middle size will hold all the line I'll need, and the Roddy is nice and light compared to other reels this size. It has a 6.3:1 gear ratio and retrieves 42 inches, of line, per crank in high gear. Then, if I manage to hook up, I can drop to low gear for more torque. This is going to run me $129.

If anyone knows of another high speed or 2 speed spinning reel, that would fit this bill, please post it. I have some time before I leave, so I am trying to do a bit of research before I pull the trigger. Thank you for your time.
dpricenator is offline   Reply With Quote