Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-07-2016, 05:38 PM   #41
jorluivil

Anyone who shoots at someone to prove a point is a dick, there is no sugar coating it. I don't give a flying fck who you are, you're a dick and you shouldn't be a gun owner. If you have an issue with some other kayaker or boater call them out and claim your space or handle it mano a mano like a man. Only pussies hide behind guns.

It's one thing to use a gun for protection, but using it to intimidate someone is completely uncalled for.

www.facebook.com/Teamsewer

Last edited by jorluivil; 02-07-2016 at 06:37 PM.
jorluivil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2016, 07:35 PM   #42
erinoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by jorluivil View Post
Anyone who shoots at someone to prove a point is a dick, there is no sugar coating it. I don't give a flying fck who you are, you're a dick and you shouldn't be a gun owner. If you have an issue with some other kayaker or boater call them out and claim your space or handle it mano a mano like a man. Only pussies hide behind guns.

It's one thing to use a gun for protection, but using it to intimidate someone is completely uncalled for.
DIDO.
erinoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2016, 07:45 PM   #43
Dannowar

It's called localism and it has existed in la jolla in surf and fishing communities forever.

Show respect and be respected. Never once in the middle of a hot bite have I been harassed or even acknowledged negatively. The fish aren't hovering in one spot.

Like was said earlier, tempers flare in crowds, sometimes people overreact but....DO YOUR PART
Old 02-07-2016, 07:45 PM   #44
ful-rac
Emperor

La Jolla fisherman make sure you wear your pfd and get familiar with a product called AR500.

Old 02-07-2016, 07:56 PM   #45
Dannowar

Bulletproof stick on Hobie upgrade kit. $1000
Old 02-08-2016, 08:57 AM   #46
Silbaugh4liberty
Fishing Patriot

Quote:
Originally Posted by ful-rac View Post
La Jolla fisherman make sure you wear your pfd and get familiar with a product called AR500.

Nice! Might need a couple of those inflatable PFD if you're wearing those! Having worn them for nearly two years of my life (EVERYWHERE, including the shower), I can honestly say they're not light by any means. And that was the ceramic version I wore (not steel).Too bad crony capitalism kept dragon skin off the battle field (thank the military industrial complex for that one).
Old 02-08-2016, 09:37 AM   #47
Jimmyz123

Photograph the boat, get the hull numbers and while on the water call the police, and or life guards.

A few years ago I was fishing in the Open Bay Bass tourney and a boater was racing back and forth in front of me at about 15' of distance trying to get me to leave the spot I was on. I pulled out my camera and started videoing what he was doing. As soon as he saw me with my camera out and pointed at him he left. They are liable for any damage their boat causes, including if the wake causes damage.

God Bless,
JimmyZ

Jimmyz123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2016, 09:38 AM   #48
Jimmyz123

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rambo View Post
Might be a dumb question, but could we radio in harassment to the coast guard? And ask for some assistance since he has a boat and we have no motor to get away from that douche?
Yes, and I've done it before. You can radio or call. I have have the lifeguards and Police on speed dial on my phone.

God Bless,
JimmyZ

Jimmyz123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2016, 02:13 PM   #49
bolocop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmyz123 View Post
Yes, and I've done it before. You can radio or call. I have have the lifeguards and Police on speed dial on my phone.
Can someone provide the phone numbers to the Lifeguard and the Coast Guard pertinent to this situation?

The phone numbers I've seen are general information lines or to call 911. Is there a direct line? Maybe a VHF radio is in order...
bolocop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2016, 07:28 AM   #50
taggermike

Jimmyz123. Not a surprise the ass hole that was harassing you split when he saw you camera. Like most bullies the guy was a puss and the fun stopped when you defended yourself. I commuted by bike for years. Most drivers were cool n followed the laws. Others have their heads in their asses n don't even see you. The worst are the ones that know you can't do shit back to them and take it as a green light to bully. I've found yakking similar to biking; you're small, slow, and basicaly can't defend your self. The thing that sucks is they have the laws of physics on their side. I'd guarantee 99% of these fools would back down if they were face to face with you. Mike
taggermike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2016, 08:48 AM   #51
acorad

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbsurf2ca View Post
What type of jig was he throwing...color size etc.
Just saw him yesterday on Inside Sport Fishing (two episodes, no less). He says color doesn't matter it's the action you give the jig that counts, but, hey, it's, you know, too complicated to go into on the show, so go spend a couple days with (hire) him and he'll explain all the secrets to you.

Andy

PS: fwiw, the ones he used on the show looked a lot like this though I didn't take note of the exact colors...
acorad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2016, 10:10 AM   #52
Dannowar

Quote:
Originally Posted by taggermike View Post
Jimmyz123. Not a surprise the ass hole that was harassing you split when he saw you camera. Like most bullies the guy was a puss and the fun stopped when you defended yourself. I commuted by bike for years. Most drivers were cool n followed the laws. Others have their heads in their asses n don't even see you. The worst are the ones that know you can't do shit back to them and take it as a green light to bully. I've found yakking similar to biking; you're small, slow, and basicaly can't defend your self. The thing that sucks is they have the laws of physics on their side. I'd guarantee 99% of these fools would back down if they were face to face with you. Mike

Yea except 99% of bikers don't follow the rules of the road and are generally absolute a holes. I'd try to find another analogy because not one day goes by that I wish I could Trompas every single spandex wearing kook on the 101
Old 02-09-2016, 10:17 AM   #53
ful-rac
Emperor

AAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!!

Did a new phrase just get coined?

You got Trompased BITCH!
Old 02-09-2016, 12:19 PM   #54
Mahigeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dannowar View Post
Yea except 99% of bikers don't follow the rules of the road and are generally absolute a holes.
I agree to very much so.
Not to get off thread, but I too have a dislike of the most bikers.

The sad part is that now the motorist can get fined (3) times the normal fine if you hurt any bikers. How about doing the same for those bikers who violate the traffic laws?

I know not all are bad, but somehow when a person sits on a bike seat; something happens to his brain through his a$$. All the logic, curtesy etc. leaves his/her brain.

On one occasion there were literary hundreds of them going west on Venice Blvd. one evening. They had bikers blocking the traffic and would not stop for the red lights.

I called the police, but they did not believe that there were so many of them and blocking the cross traffic.

Along with many cars waiting to cross the Venice Blvd. I had to wait for perhaps for 45 min. Same thing happened in SD, but I missed their route.
Mahigeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2016, 05:56 PM   #55
iethinker

Pressure

I guess the slow bite but bigger fish are creating a sense of pressure at La Jolla! A lot of perspective comes from where you are; especially if you appear to be on fish.

Saturday was crazy for me in that PBs were all around coming to speak with me, blasting by at close range, etc... None were threatening but I'm sure they don't all appreciate the kayak perspective. The water surface around me was nothing but wake for hours. Just snag bottom or kelp or whatever and the bent rod is like the Pied Piper to fellow anglers.......or rats!
iethinker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2016, 06:36 PM   #56
Mthomas88
Junior

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdcoastie View Post
On one of the SD fishing facebook pages it sounds like shots may have been fired in the direction of a kayaker this morning. Keep your head on a swivel.

I wish this turd would fire at me or some of the other guys I fish with! He have hot lead coming back at him! What an a$$clown!
Mthomas88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2016, 06:58 PM   #57
DanaPT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mthomas88 View Post
I wish this turd would fire at me or some of the other guys I fish with! He have hot lead coming back at him! What an a$$clown!
Would like to fish with guy!
DanaPT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2016, 07:31 PM   #58
ful-rac
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mthomas88 View Post

Rifle on boat vs handgun on kayak....hmmm let me think about that....

You LOSE!
Old 02-09-2016, 08:56 PM   #59
TCS

A few years back Greg had a big skipjack he was fishing on with Brandon Hayward. Every night for a while they'd come out at night and find the spot. In the morning the kayaks would swarm out and surround them and catch fish. They didn't seem to mind and were pretty cool about it.
TCS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2016, 10:14 PM   #60
surfisher

Trompas used to kayak fish LJ as well, he even talks about it in an article he wrote for Brandon Haywards Journal 'The Bight' (Issue 1 I think) ... That article was also informative and a great read.