Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports

Closed Thread

Old 03-28-2016, 08:43 PM   #21
blitzburgh

F N A Jim!
Old 03-29-2016, 09:00 AM   #22
dpliska

Respect

I remember killing every trophy fish I caught. Then I grew up.
Old 03-29-2016, 09:21 AM   #23
YakDout
Brandon

Great lookin fish jim, you deserve it after all that hard work! Your family will be eatin gooooood!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 03-29-2016, 10:02 AM   #24
Zed
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpliska View Post

Whoa! Pliska alert. Dana cowers in fear.

Mark E. never complained about you catchin trophys.
Old 03-29-2016, 09:26 PM   #25
captnblood34

Solid hombre!
Old 04-02-2016, 04:51 PM   #26
StinkyMatt

Does not matter if you have been around forever...

Pissing on another mans stoke, putting down another anglers legal catch.................not cool.
Quote:

Old 04-02-2016, 05:32 PM   #27
Deamon

Quote:
Originally Posted by StinkyMatt View Post
Does not matter if you have been around forever...

Pissing on another mans stoke, putting down another anglers legal catch.................not cool.
It's cool Matt. Sounds like this guy's caught...and released his share...LOL. Great BWE contributor as well. http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/showthread.php?t=78
Sport boat fisherman catch and kill every WSB they legally can.
Commercial guys will kill EVERY WSB they catch.
I haven't posted any of the fish I've released and there have been quite a few.
But when kayakers judge other kayakers for their catch...with the risk, time and effort required...JOKE.

Jim
"The reality is that the wall was built to keep all Asians ~specifically Japanese and those that think they're japanese~ out of the U.S"

Last edited by Deamon; 04-02-2016 at 06:04 PM.
Old 04-02-2016, 07:09 PM   #28
erinoo

True dat Jim..
Old 04-03-2016, 09:12 AM   #29
RookieYakker

Quote:
Thanks for using your second post in four years to troll Jim's high! We look forward to hearing from you in 2018!
Old 04-03-2016, 10:33 AM   #30
monkeyfishturds

It's a sad day indeed to see Dave Pliska get crapped on for his opinion.
No wonder all the greats have stopped posting. All this fighting that goes on day in and day out over something as silly as fishing.

Dave, your one of the greatest yakkers I have ever had the privilege to meet.
Old 04-03-2016, 12:27 PM   #31
momo fish

"All the greats" Thanks I needed a laugh today..

Many greats around which I meet every time I head out and those are the ones who are true ambassadors to the sport.. The ones that are friendly at the beach and offer advise and wisdom.. Jim is one of the best in this sport and an all around great guy..

Not run away when they see others, or hide their catch when coming in.. Heck even a friendly hi goes a long way.. But yeah I forget how great the you and other "greats" are..

Glad to see your still coming back after getting banned so many times... I think your overdue for another ban?

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeyfishturds View Post
No wonder all the greats have stopped posting. All this fighting that goes on day in and day out over something as silly as fishing.

Old 04-03-2016, 03:07 PM   #32
GregAndrew

Matt, just because a fish may be legally caught, that does not make it necessarily right. You could legally take well over 600 WSB per year if you gifted them all. Would that be right?

Momo, I have learned, over the years on this site, that teaching guys how to slaughter fish is not doing favors to anybody. Thank goodness that most of them burn out after a few season. But, unfortunately some of the ones that don't become commercial fishermen.
Old 04-03-2016, 05:15 PM   #33
Harry Hill

What did I miss, I didn't see anything about anyone slaughtering fish. One fish doesn't make a slaughter
Old 04-03-2016, 06:48 PM   #34
jorluivil

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeyfishturds View Post

What makes a fisherman or a yakker 'great'?

www.facebook.com/Teamsewer
Old 04-03-2016, 07:04 PM   #35
Heroes On The Water
Non Profit Organization

WOW.....
When did the sport of kayak fishing become more about not catching fish then catching them?

The Southern California Chapter of HEROES ON THE WATER would like to thank Jim (Deamon) for his continued generosity in donating such a large amount of his catches for our events to feed our volunteers and veterans.

Thanks Jim for your continued support!!!

Follow us on FACEBOOK

Old 04-03-2016, 07:51 PM   #36
Harry Hill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heroes On The Water View Post
WOW.....
When did the sport of kayak fishing become more about not catching fish then catching them?

The Southern California Chapter of HEROES ON THE WATER would like to thank Jim (Deamon) for his continued generosity in donating such a large amount of his catches for our events to feed our volunteers and veterans.

I was wondering the same thing. I eat fish, I love to eat fish and I like catching my own fish to eat and feed to my family and friends. I think C&R has gotten way out of hand when someone tries to guilt trip someone for keeping legally caught fish.
Old 04-03-2016, 08:04 PM   #37
Luv2tug
Junior

Im new here but not to fishing and have never heard such whining.
If I understand this right, those who stay home and don't fish are actually better fishermen?
California is weird.
Old 04-04-2016, 07:28 AM   #38
JeffB

Thanks bud!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heroes On The Water View Post
WOW.....

I go out to the events and I know all of my fellow Vets love it when we get to come back up onto the beach to some very fresh fish tacos. There's a lot of mouths to feed at these events.

You'd think the way the Jellys talk on here that one yaker could make these things go extinct. Ive spent many nights on the water last yr and saw one to two kayaks at most. They usually left about an hour after dark as well. I don't think every one on here realizes how many there actually are out there. I never posted up on it bc I enjoyed the night alone, but I got into many schools last yr. some decent fish, some small. There was one night I made eight drops and pulled up eight fish between 24"-34". Another I went out and got into a even bigger school. I've personally seen Jim pull up piggies and send them down. I've seen more WSB caught in the past 6 months than yellow tail ( that's on a personal note).

Come on, don't beat a man up for feeding friends/ Family/ Disabled Vets(a lot of them). Trust me, one yaker and a handful of Comercial guys fishing line and reel are not going to hurt this population. I slated yellows last year as did we all, but I caught even more seabass in a fraction of the time last yr if that tells you anything on how the are doing. I caught them all sizes. The only thing that's probably going to thin these things is out is the "lack of kelp".
Old 04-04-2016, 08:11 AM   #39
monkeyfishturds

Quote:
Originally Posted by momo fish View Post
"All the greats" Thanks I needed a laugh today..

Many greats around which I meet every time I head out and those are the ones who are true ambassadors to the sport.. The ones that are friendly at the beach and offer advise and wisdom.. Jim is one of the best in this sport and an all around great guy..

Not run away when they see others, or hide their catch when coming in.. Heck even a friendly hi goes a long way.. But yeah I forget how great the you and other "greats" are..

Glad to see your still coming back after getting banned so many times... I think your overdue for another ban?
I'm sure he is a great guy, no one has said otherwise. To his credit, I've never seen Deamon post "hot bite, going off!" I'm not going to tell anyone how many fish they can catch, but I believe overpopulation has created more take. Dave and many others have changed their views over the years on this subject.
This is my favorite post from this site.
as
Vampyroteuthis infernalis
Dos Ballenas

Loose lips sink ships.....

Even in a hot bite, where everyone seems to be hooking up right and left, it is important to remember that fish are NOT an unlimited resource.

Recently there have been a few internet blasts on this site that described the past few weeks of fishing as "plenty to go around". This is not true and is disrespectful to the ocean, the fish, and other fishermen.

Post up your reports. Maybe add some details to them like the old school crew used to do. But please respect the ocean and honor the fish you catch.... it is a limited resource and deserves respect.
Old 04-04-2016, 09:15 AM   #40
dpliska

Respect

Didn't "piss on" anyone's stoke (I actually gave a on the catch). Never stated anything negative about Jim's character or his contributions to the kayak community.

Heck, I fought long and hard (as did many others) so that everyone could have the opportunity to catch legal limits of trophy WSB in La Jolla. Just posting my opposing opinion that culling may in fact be a better way of showing "respect" than keeping them all. Food for thought.