Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-01-2013, 12:23 PM   #1
Big Wave Dave

LJ 11/30

Got off to a late start with my son. Beautiful morning with smooth water. Wind picked up in the afternoon. Worked hard for a few bottom dwellers. Drake came by and gave us some live squid compliments of Team Lollipop. Thanks again! Might have done better if the fish finder didn't die that morning. Anyway, the fish we did catch tasted great. Had a great day out there.
Big Wave Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 03:04 PM   #2
jorluivil

Fishing blind sucks, its only happened to me once and it sucked....big time!

Good thing that at least you came home with some fish.

www.facebook.com/Teamsewer
jorluivil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 03:10 PM   #3
Drake

Hey Dave, nice seeing you out there! Yeah man, where the hell did that wind come from. It was nice all day then all of a sudden, wind and chop. No thanks! Glad you got some fish though.
Old 12-01-2013, 06:27 PM   #4
FISH11

Smile

I was also out there Saturday and it was strange getting there around 6:45 and it was like there was no beach due to the very high tide. Had to wait for the water to back up between waves for there to be space around the drain canal to drive in. It was so nice and calm almost no waves. Easy launch, sunny and the surface so calm and no swell. Making bait was slow. I could see them but they just would not go for the sabiki. Finally made some and trolled a rapala out and around the kelp. went out to 2 miles out from windnsea. No luck so I went out deeper and fly line one of the large macks I got. after and hour, tried switching to a drop loop. Same result I guess nothing large that wanted that mac. The wind picked up and the chop was hard to sit through when anchored. So I went into the kelp area cause that cut the chop. Tried for some rock fish with cut squid. Lost some large ones trying to pull them out of the kelp. Finally I took a short cut through the kelp area to avoid going back out into the chop. Off the water around 4:15 pm. It still beats a day at work, hands down. Besides you can't drink beer while at work. Enjoyed a beautiful day and got a work out of my shoulders and arm paddling my x factor. Much better surrounding than a gym. Mark
FISH11 is offline   Reply With Quote