Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-21-2014, 07:08 AM   #1
roadx

la jolla shores stairs

could someone give me an update on the beach access to la jolla shores?
i know the regular launch is closed. what im trying to find out is, are there stairs leading down to the beach? or is there a sand ramp to make it easyier to roll a fully loaded PA down/ up. Is there a best route for the larger yaks? i cant see myself throwing a PA over the seawall or fighting with stairs alone.
FYI
i talked to some the construction guys laying pipe last week. they are pushing to open the launch on april 27th but not sure if they will be able to keep that deadline.
Old 03-21-2014, 07:13 AM   #2
MrM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadx View Post
could someone give me an update on the beach access to la jolla shores?
i know the regular launch is closed. what im trying to find out is, are there stairs leading down to the beach? or is there a sand ramp to make it easyier to roll a fully loaded PA down/ up. Is there a best route for the larger yaks? i cant see myself throwing a PA over the seawall or fighting with stairs alone.
FYI
i talked to some the construction guys laying pipe last week. they are pushing to open the launch on april 27th but not sure if they will be able to keep that deadline.

There is a break in the wall with stairs in between the bathrooms and where the normal launch area would be, if that gives you a mental picture.

Edit- Watch the video in this thread and you'll see where it is.
Old 03-21-2014, 07:16 AM   #3
GregAndrew

Take a towel to slide your PA over the wall. Otherwise up 1 and down 1 step at the bathrooms.
GregAndrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 07:20 AM   #4
roadx

thanks