Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-15-2009, 03:43 AM   #1
Matt
Support your local pangas

7/14

Well got the day off of work so I decided to head on out and do some fishing. Paddled on out through some thumpier than expected surf, got a little wet while waiting to paddle on out but timed the sets just right and punched through just before the bigger set rolled on in and anihilated those just behind me....felt bad but was pretty stoked it wasn't me

Made some dines and some greenies pretty quickly and the first dine on the low rig go off shortly after making him. Heard the clicker scream and then stop and then scream again and immediately knew it was a T shark. On the second scream I saw a fiddyish T shark start grey hounding and then put on one of the best aerial displays I have ever seen!! 3 huge airs, and I do mean huge, this little dude was going for the gold!! He cut the line at the hook about 5 mins or less into the fight, definitely was fun seeing him go huge but glad he broke off and swam off to fight another day.

Fished for the next 6ish hours only for some nervous bait, and one boil up top that had me hucking my Ulua all por nada. Soon enough it will turn on again.

Water was really green, with alot of crap floating around, however the water temp is back up also, which makes waders an option should you want to trunk it!

Good luck to all!!!
Old 07-15-2009, 12:43 PM   #2
jimbo

was out in PM.
think i hooked same fish.
he's a jumper alright.
1st run - straight away, up and arial.

fishery showing some better signs.
maybe a day or 2...
Old 07-15-2009, 04:01 PM   #3
-scallywag-
Banned

last night was weird....tons and tons of deans near the kelp, also saw some flying fish in the same area, worked the area with spoons, surface irons and jigs for some logs and a few mega macks and a donkey calico. after that i tied up to some bullkelp around the corner and caught a few more cali's, a small seven gill (which i havent seen around in months unit last week) and a hornshark, all on macks and deans.
-scallywag- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 04:07 PM   #4
-scallywag-
Banned

ohh yeah, water temp is up 69-71 on my external transducer, vis is poor 5-10ft, wind under 10kts. TRUNK IT, it's beautiful out!!!
-scallywag- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 11:54 AM   #5
Sherm

Nice talking to you on the water Matt. Saw some nice grade fish after you left.....no takers however. How about the surf that morning? Timing was everything. I made it out right in between sets. Surf forecast was right on....called for the bigger surf and said it would die down as the day went on. By the time I hit the beach around 4pm there was no surf to speek of.
Sherm is offline   Reply With Quote