Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-16-2015, 11:37 AM   #1
Jremmie
Jeremy Scott

#8 for the year!

Had a last minute use work cancellation for Thursday so I decided to look for number 8. Made half dozen Spanish and one greenie and set out to my usual spot. Dropped a white and blue salas 6Xjr for some jigging. Spotted a mark that came in at 150 in 180 feet of water. I burned the jig up to him and got hit immediately. Once he was hooked there was a whole school under me on the meter. Kinda bummed all my fishing friends flaked on me, I'm sure we would have had multiple hookups. The second I had the fish in the boat I dropped right back down and got hit again on the first pull! This one found a lobster pot line 30 feet from the yak. The worst part is I could see him right there and there was nothing I could do. About 10 minutes of working on him he pops off. I almost went diving in after him. May we meet another day.
Attached Images

Jremmie is offline   Reply With Quote