Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Buy, Sell, or Trade Kayak Fishing Gear

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-02-2021, 08:12 PM   #1
FullFlavorPike
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 774
the cheapest 8' jig stick

Those cheap lever drags proved too rich for the BWE blood thus far, so I'll come in even more under budget with a cheap 8' jigstick for the new year.

Have you ever wanted one of those gorgeous Calstar west coast deckhand 270H-8 jig sticks but you only had $40? Or maybe you always wanted to know if you could fling the iron on an old school glass rod (I sure can't!). If so, maybe this Sabre Stroker 880 15-30# deckhand rod is the stick for you! Big 5s are known to be full of coronavirus, so come get one from me and it's much much safer.

As a bonus, you get a seine twine "reel seat," placed right where I think it ought to be so you don't crush the blank with your rod clamp. Cork puppies are for suckers.

I'd say you can't beat that with a stick...but after you shell out $40, you'll have the beater stick of your dreams!
FullFlavorPike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2021, 01:47 PM   #2
JohnMckroidJr
Senior Member
 
JohnMckroidJr's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Fort Lauderdale
Posts: 536
Quote:
Originally Posted by FullFlavorPike View Post
Those cheap lever drags proved too rich for the BWE blood thus far, so I'll come in even more under budget with a cheap 8' jigstick for the new year.

Have you ever wanted one of those gorgeous Calstar west coast deckhand 270H-8 jig sticks but you only had $40? Or maybe you always wanted to know if you could fling the iron on an old school glass rod (I sure can't!). If so, maybe this Sabre Stroker 880 15-30# deckhand rod is the stick for you! Big 5s are known to be full of coronavirus, so come get one from me and it's much much safer.

As a bonus, you get a seine twine "reel seat," placed right where I think it ought to be so you don't crush the blank with your rod clamp. Cork puppies are for suckers.

I'd say you can't beat that with a stick...but after you shell out $40, you'll have the beater stick of your dreams!
If I still lived in SoCal, I would be all over it. Love my old Sabre blanks, both with seine twine and corktape.
JohnMckroidJr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2021, 09:17 PM   #3
FullFlavorPike
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 774
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnMckroidJr View Post
If I still lived in SoCal, I would be all over it. Love my old Sabre blanks, both with seine twine and corktape.
Sadly, this is not the Sabre of old; just an inexpensive rod that bears the Sabre name. Still perfectly capable of catching a fish though!
FullFlavorPike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2021, 04:55 PM   #4
Oolie
Headshots Only
 
Oolie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 267
I'd have taken you up on those lever drags if I wasn't set on gear. I'm switching everything to braid, so ceramic guides or else.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt
To those that share thank you, to those that don't fine by me, to those that whine about people not posting but have no fish reports of their own to share..............GO FISH!!!!!!
Oolie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2021, 05:55 PM   #5
JohnMckroidJr
Senior Member
 
JohnMckroidJr's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Fort Lauderdale
Posts: 536
Quote:
Originally Posted by FullFlavorPike View Post
Sadly, this is not the Sabre of old; just an inexpensive rod that bears the Sabre name. Still perfectly capable of catching a fish though!
Bummer, I did not recognize the 880 blank number.
JohnMckroidJr is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 03:36 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
© 2002 Big Water's Edge. All rights reserved.