Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports

Old 06-21-2020, 03:14 PM   #1
FullFlavorPike

Fathers Day Weekend LJ & Mission Bay

Saturday, La Jolla:
Flotilla of Hobies queued up at graylight was actually pretty impressive. Were any of you NOT fishing Saturday?? I didn't get on the fish, although I suspect they were around. Bait situation was not great. Made a few green mackerel, but was mostly held to dink spanish. At least I didn't get spined by any Spanish macs. Had a bird steal several baits from me. Avoided the technical skunk by catching a short calico on a swimbait after I ran out of baits but before I called it quits. The Calico bit me. I need lip grips, or maybe cut the thumb off a pair of old work gloves

Sunday, Mission Bay:
My first Father's Day ever and I took my kid fishing with me on the tandem boat with my wife sitting up front and holding him while I paddled. He's 8 months old so he mostly looked out at the world with astonishment, yelled about nothing, and eventually took a nap after being lulled into slumber by the wake of passing boats. 3" Halloween big hammer back in operation and managed 5 short spotties and 1 fatter model that I pulled out from under the "permit zone" fence at the ski run. I swear, that halloween swimbait is unstoppable in mission bay. I can throw it into open bay water nowhere near any structure (except the grass on the bottom of the bay), let it sink out, and it gets bit basically anywhere. I've only had one, but so far I dig fathers day as a holiday
FullFlavorPike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2020, 03:31 PM   #2
Harry Hill

They keep getting better when you keep the kids involved. Good report, thank you
Old 06-22-2020, 02:35 PM   #3
chris138
donkey roper

Happy Fathers Day buddy, stoked you got out there with the family.
chris138 is offline   Reply With Quote