Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-23-2014, 06:01 PM   #1
janines.fishtales@cox.net

Advice?

Hey guys. Been a while since I've been fishing so I tend to stay off the site cuz it bums me oout to live vicariously! Looks like I'm missing lots though. A while back I shared that I have the opportunity to go on a 6 day on the Vagabond in September. It's coming up and I'm pretty excited. I have always gotten good advice on this site so here goes:

Is 65# spectra good enough or should I get some bigger too? I have little experience with spectra and have always been a mono girl, but so many times, I see the guys who use spectra with a flouro leader and they do get bit more.

So what kind of knot for spectra to flouro, from flouro to hook? What is the best way to learn these knots? I need to start practicing them now so they get to be natural for me when the time is right.

Hooks? I like gamakatsu and owners with the little rings on them. Size? Advice on hooks? On a 6 day I am told, there is the potential for bigger fish. Any info you guys can provide is greatly appreciated!

Janine