Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-17-2009, 12:56 PM   #1
landwhale

Hunt Harbor 1-16 and the new Tarpon 160

Took the time today to test paddle the 2009 Widerness System Tarpon 160 and explore the back of the harbor. First the new Tarpon 160..............I am very impressed..........the new seats that Wilderness put in thier boats this year is the most comfortable kayak seat I have ever used. The Tarpon 160 paddles and tracks with ease and the channels that cover the rail made it possible to add a rod holder and temp FF without drilling a hole. The tracks use a rectangular slide with threaded hole to attach to and are in the front half of the seating area and all along the tank well. For you in the OC Long Beach area stop by OEX Sunset and try the Wilderness Kayaks out. I am no small person and at 250 I felt right at home.

The fishing was slow though the reason for the paddle was to check new areas out. I picked up one fish on the troll and one in an area that felt right on the
Fluke.

Just another SUMMER day in the OC

landwhale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 07:21 PM   #2
french111@sbcglobal.net
Junior

So how is the speed of yak in comparison to the P-15?

Thanks
Redd
french111@sbcglobal.net is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2009, 05:56 AM   #3
landwhale

Close enough that if your looking to buy, I would paddle both of them to see for yourself which fits you best

Steve

landwhale is offline   Reply With Quote