Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-21-2016, 08:10 PM   #14
jorluivil

Quote:
Originally Posted by pingpangdang View Post
I have stamped concrete in the back yard and cleaned a fish on a farm house table I built...i made a mess and had to break out vinegar to get rid of smells... I plan on using the game table by cutting fillets and rinsing them in the built in sink with a tad of water. Then soap sponge off the top into the sink preventing any water to hit the deck. It does seem more sanitary as well. We'll see. Also I won't have to handle a hose or spray nozzle. Turn on and off water with a clean back side of my hand.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

You're putting to much thought into it

1. fillet first side
2. fillet second side
3. discard carcass into trash can
4. cut fillets into pieces
5. bag fillets
6. go fishing again and repeat steps

I fillet all of my fish in my driveway and rarely do i make such a mess that it makes me worry about it. Once I'm done I just get the hose and wash down the area that I was working in. I've been doing this for years and I've never had any issues with my driveway smelling like spoiled fish and I know for a fact that I my driveway is not stained.

Also, I would not recommend that you wash your fillets, that is unless you plan on letting them dry out before you freeze them. If you wash them and bag them the fresh water will freeze inside the bag and cause freezer burn. just fillet and bag.

www.facebook.com/Teamsewer
jorluivil is offline   Reply With Quote