Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion

Old 02-09-2017, 09:01 AM   #21
captnblood34

I honestly can't even remember. I don't know why I do anymore...Every time I come around here I just get cyber bullied by Geritol JIM
captnblood34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2017, 10:24 PM   #22
kaya_one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman View Post
Yakfishing.com back around 2000 was the biggest SD based, but were heavy handed in censoring out the mention of any other site and Greg, Corey and Al started a simple format here just like the old archived kayaksportfishing.com and Jim's Kayak4fish.com killed that site as everyone left.
Thanks, Iceman, and the BWE mods. Good thing going on here at BWE.com!!!!! Priceless!

For me, it was scsurffishing.com and a barely legal halibut from the point at Swamis that led me to wanna get in a boat. Well, the boat turned out to be my plastic boat and the bwe got me hooked.
kaya_one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2017, 12:13 AM   #23
cell128
lizard king

I was drunk one night online trying to find big women's legs.... Stupid auto correct brought me here😣

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
cell128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2017, 07:33 AM   #24
Baja_Traveler

Been kayaking since the 70's - heck, back in those days people would point and stare as I paddled by - kayaks were a very unusual sight in those days, more associated with eskimos than anything else.

In the 80's there were a few informal kayaking clubs here in San Diego. We would get together and paddle or fish out of our touring boats on weekends.

I remember when the first rotomolded kayaks came out, and even though they were primitive by current standards, we saw great potential for fishing in them.

I was heavily involved in signing up for Ed Gillett's Baja trips through his Southwest Kayak shop in the late 80's and early 90's. Great trips that were super inexpensive as you were expected to feed and transport yourself. God I miss those trips, and his shop. There used to be a great emphasis on expedition kayaking here, which no longer exists. Hell, I wouldn't even know where to go to find a good expedition kayak anymore...

Plastic Navy came along next, and somewhere along the line I stopped kayaking for some years as I was doing other things. I'm sure an internet search lead me here when I got all hot and bothered about kayaking again.
In the intervening years nearly everything I had known disappeared and faded away. Ed and Katie closed up their shop and Ed went into teaching high school, all my old paddling buddies moved away or quit paddling. My touring kayaks sit in the rafters of the garage waiting for that next Baja tour that may never happen. Replacing them is a PA14 that I would have never dreamed of years ago...
Baja_Traveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2017, 08:11 AM   #25
PapaDave

I had read about kayak fishing about four years before my divorce, it looked like a cool adventure.

Once that mess cleared up stumble across another article about kayak fishing, which referenced this site, and decided to try it out.

Never looked back.
Old 02-10-2017, 10:40 AM   #26
wiredantz
Currently @ MLO Territory

I got kicked out of Malibu Kayak sport fishing forum , for exposing white sea bass bites.

Found out about this site.... and stayed

Team: Disbanded
You only have one chance in this life...make the right decision(s)...so you don't regret it
wiredantz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2017, 11:14 AM   #27
Denis_Ruso

Saw pictures from a Baja Trip kayak trip on Instagram from Tattua. It went down in the DM and he told me I could find lots of info on kayak trips to Baja right here...

Lurked, read and studied you all, took detailed notes as well attach cutouts of your faces to your profiles. Then joined the forum and was able to infiltrate the kayak fishing community.

I do not fear the storm as it will teach me how to sail my ship.
Denis_Ruso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2017, 11:51 AM   #28
jorluivil

Quote:
Originally Posted by cell128 View Post
I was drunk one night online trying to find big women's legs.... Stupid auto correct brought me here��

Were you also drunk the day you set the refinery on fire?

www.facebook.com/Teamsewer
jorluivil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2017, 12:16 PM   #29
Deamon

Quote:
Originally Posted by captnblood34 View Post
I honestly can't even remember. Every time I come around here I just get cyber bullied by Geritol JIM
How convenient...Can't remember how that fish ended up in your avatar too, right Pal?

"The reality is that the wall was built to keep all Asians ~specifically Japanese and those that think they're japanese~ out of the U.S"

Deamon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2017, 12:41 PM   #30
jorluivil

He said Geritol Jim

I'm LOL-ing right now

www.facebook.com/Teamsewer
jorluivil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2017, 01:20 PM   #31
Deamon

Quote:
Originally Posted by jorluivil View Post
He said Geritol Jim

I'm LOL-ing right now

Haha...whatever. Jay's HellBoy...big arm little pee pee...
"The reality is that the wall was built to keep all Asians ~specifically Japanese and those that think they're japanese~ out of the U.S"

Old 02-10-2017, 02:05 PM   #32
Amish Ed

It's been way too long for me to remember, but I'm sure Plastic Navy had something to do with me being here.
Old 02-10-2017, 03:35 PM   #33
DESTROYER

Started way back when...Kayakfishingfools. Many probably don't even remember that site. Fished numerous bay bass tournaments out of the Sailing Center when Rick owned it. Met a lot of great people who I am still friends with even though I don't kayak any longer since buying a boat. BWE and Kayak4fish were the birth of a new beginning and taught me everything I know about La Jolla Kayak fishing. I remember the days when it would just be me, my Dad (Longboard Steve), Jim Sammons on guided trip, Andy(Iceman), Brian(Lifeguardguy), John(Soulwinner) and maybe a few others chasing YT and WSB. The kayak community was so supportive when my Dad(LongboardSteve) passed away. Jim and I ran a huge charity tournament for the ACS with a lot of support from the BWE boys. I miss those day and especially miss my dad. Keep it going!
DESTROYER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2017, 12:46 AM   #34
cell128
lizard king

Quote:
Originally Posted by jorluivil View Post
Were you also drunk the day you set the refinery on fire?
No sir... I swear I only had 2

cell128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2017, 02:46 PM   #35
captnblood34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deamon View Post
How convenient...Can't remember how that fish ended up in your avatar too, right Pal?

Haha! Much love holmes! We had some good times and there will be more to come eventually... so long as those daughters of yours don't admit your ass to a home by the time I come back.
captnblood34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2017, 04:41 PM   #36
Deamon

Quote:
Originally Posted by captnblood34 View Post
Haha! Much love holmes! We had some good times and there will be more to come eventually... so long as those daughters of yours don't admit your ass to a home by the time I come back.
Same same Brotha Jay...same same.