Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-30-2017, 11:38 AM   #1
Amish Ed

Double Trifecta, Newport 3-30-17

Landwhale and I launched about 6:45 at the USCG/Harbor Patrol beach. A few scattered clouds and a light south wind greeted us. Good tide, incoming the whole morning. Water was stained and 62.5º at launch and 59 when we came in.

We hit the buoy line first as always and worked down along the main channel on the island side. By 8:00 we had hit the end of the boats (northern end) and the end of the fish. In that first hour and change I had a legal and 2 short sandies, a spotty, and a calico. This completed the first Trifecta. In this time I also had an almost legal barracuda (bastard stole my bait and head too) and a short butt. The 3 B's completed the other Trifecta. From about 8:00 to 10:00 when we left I had no more fish and only the occasional bite. Definitely another morning bite.

Hot baits were a 5" sexy mullet Paddlerz on a 3/8oz orange Warbait Slayer head. The other a 3/8oz Coolbaits underspin with a 4" redbone Paddlerz. Hot Sauce for flavor of course.

On a side note, I won't be fishing next week due to a concert I'm going to on Thursday. If you're into bluegrass and jamgrass it's a smoking hot show. Lil Smokies opening for Yonder Mountain String Band. Doors open at 7pm at the Belly Up in Solana Beach.

Last edited by Amish Ed; 03-30-2017 at 11:46 AM.
Amish Ed is offline   Reply With Quote