Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-10-2011, 08:01 PM   #1
KennyHill

I stand in about knee high water off to the side of the kayak and hold it straight so it gose over the white wash. As soon as i see my window of oppertunity... I dont wait for my next window...I just paddel my ass off and dont look back.

At least thats what i do. Ive yet to flip...

as far as comming in. I just close my eyes and put my head in between my legs and sing alittle song. when i look up im in
KennyHill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 08:11 PM   #2
tomah
Junior

When I used to body board, I would sit in the surf and wait for the largest sets to occur. Usually the big sets come in waves of 3 large waves. After that, there's usually a lull that allows you to get out. Big Sets usually come in 15 minute intervals. Alot of it is going to depend on tides and wave intervals
tomah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 12:20 PM   #3
jorluivil

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomah View Post
When I used to body board, I would sit in the surf and wait for the largest sets to occur. Usually the big sets come in waves of 3 large waves. After that, there's usually a lull that allows you to get out. Big Sets usually come in 15 minute intervals. Alot of it is going to depend on tides and wave intervals
What he said

Yesterday at LJ the three largest breakers where followed by about a minute+ of knee highs. Read StinkyMatt's comments on my post titled HOOK UP for confirmation. You can sit at the waters edge with a stop watch, pen and paper and you'll see the patterns.

www.facebook.com/Teamsewer
jorluivil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 10:08 PM   #4
swank

Quote:
Originally Posted by KennyHill View Post
as far as comming in. I just close my eyes and put my head in between my legs and sing alittle song. when i look up im in
I'm going to try this, I'll let you know how it goes
swank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 04:39 AM   #5
Deamon

As you're setting up, keep an eye on the surf and what it's doing. You should get somewhat of a rythym of the moment. Is there a lull? How often does it show up? Is there a slightly calmer spot close to you that you should move to? Patience can be a good thing...
Deamon is offline   Reply With Quote