Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion

Old 01-04-2023, 10:50 AM   #1
daperrin
www.TheKayakLaunch

2023 Fishing License

I was getting excited about the new fishing year until I saw the new fishing license costs...
License $58.
Ocean Enhancement $6.74
Almost $65 bucks.
At least they are 365 day licenses finally

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/@thekayaklaunch
https://www.instagram.com/thekayaklaunch
daperrin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2023, 11:51 AM   #2
vincentek9
MAYNEE-YAK

Yes, they always increase. + I always purchase the 2nd rod stamp even if I don't need it.

Can't wait to see if the 2023 proposed socal rockfish changes go into effect. we all might need to buy some electric reels
Old 01-04-2023, 12:13 PM   #3
JohnMckroidJr

Quote:
Originally Posted by daperrin View Post
I was getting excited about the new fishing year until I saw the new fishing license costs...
License $58.
Ocean Enhancement $6.74
Almost $65 bucks.
At least they are 365 day licenses finally
Geez. I would gladly pay Ocean Enhancement to support hatcheries, but that's relatively steep compared to the $79 Five year license in Florida. No limit on how many poles are used.
JohnMckroidJr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2023, 02:42 PM   #4
Mahigeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnMckroidJr View Post
Geez. I would gladly pay Ocean Enhancement to support hatcheries, but that's relatively steep compared to the $79 Five year license in Florida. No limit on how many poles are used.
Two rod limit with license applies to freshwater fishing.

No limit on rods where license is required in saltwater.

Two rod limit for piers, but no license is requited.

If I recall correctly, Ocean stamp used to be $8.00 plus.
Mahigeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2023, 02:44 PM   #5
Mahigeer

365-Day Sport Fishing Licenses Are Now Available
California anglers can now purchase a sport fishing license valid from the date of purchase for 365 continuous days. Governor Newsom signed Assembly Bill 817 (Jim Wood, D-Healdsburg), allowing a transition of California’s fishing license validity from a calendar year to a full 365 days from purchase. Prior to this change, anglers who purchased their license after Jan. 1 were charged the same price for fewer days of fishing. This change allows anglers to receive 365 days' worth of benefits after purchasing a license any time of year.

Californians are fortunate to have some of the most diverse fishing opportunities found anywhere in the world. With more than 30,000 miles of rivers and streams, 4,172 lakes and reservoirs, and 80 major rivers, freshwater fishing opportunities abound in California. The state also features more than 1,100 miles of coastline that provides access to hundreds of native fish and shellfish species.
In addition to resident and nonresident sport fishing licenses, all sport fishing validations (Second-rod, Ocean Enhancement and Recreational Crab Trap) will be valid for 365 days from the date of purchase.
As in previous years, anglers have the option to sign up for auto-renewal of their sport fishing licenses, report cards and validations through CDFW’s Online License Sales and Services website. For more information about sport fishing license auto-renewal, please refer to the Auto-Renewal Frequently Asked Questions on CDFW’s website.

You can purchase a California sport fishing license from CDFW authorized license sales agents, select CDFW offices, via telephone at (800) 565-1458 or online 24 hours a day.
For more information about 365-day sport fishing licenses, please visit the CDFW’s 365-Day Sport Fishing License Frequently Asked Questions web page.
Mahigeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2023, 05:29 AM   #6
jorluivil

I never paid to much attention to the cost because without it I ain't fishing.

www.facebook.com/Teamsewer
jorluivil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2023, 01:45 PM   #7
JohnMckroidJr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahigeer View Post
Two rod limit with license applies to freshwater fishing.

No limit on rods where license is required in saltwater.

Two rod limit for piers, but no license is requited.

If I recall correctly, Ocean stamp used to be $8.00 plus.
Thanks for your input. My above comment was for a saltwater fishing license, forgot that CA includes both in one. That makes the license seem more reasonable as Florida FW fishing license is an additional fee of the same price as SW. No shore license is required, No Ocean stamp, but $10 for targeting snook. The best deal is for 65 and above -- no hunting or fishing licenses are required. Florida also has a sweet deal for Veterans - $20 covers most licenses -- going to have to buy that when expanding to target FW, Snook and Lobster.
JohnMckroidJr is offline   Reply With Quote