Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-22-2013, 04:41 AM   #20
TEAMFISH
Team Kayak Obesessions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cbad Mike View Post
While the new size regulations for Bass go into effect March 1st, the new size for them is already 14" for Kayak Wars submittal which is what I was going after. Sorry for the confusion.
The permit is for use of the lagoon. You can buy a yearly permit which I did years ago when I lived on the water there. I don't know what it costs today though.
The daily permit last year was around $13. You would buy it where they rent the jet skis. With that permit you could launch and land all day at the little jet ski beach. They have picnic tables and a parking lot.
BY LAW YOU SHOULD HAVE A PERMIT!!!
I never use a permit and neither does most of the kayakers.
The place to launch is down a small street off of Park Drive. If you look at a map it's easy to find. It's on the North East end of the lagoon. There is a beach there. Just park on the street and walk passed the PERMIT REQUIRED sign down to the beach and go.
During the off season no one will bother you about a permit BUT during the summer there is usually a police boat on the water and they will stop you and ask questions.
While I've caught fish all throughout the lagoon most fishing is done near the 5 freeway overpass. During tide changes there is a strong current there.
You can fish on both sides of the overpass. That is to say that you can kayak fish in the back 2 lagoons. The front lagoon on 101 is definitely off limits to kayaks, tubes, and anything else except fishing from the shore line.
Just a heads up..... The DFW does patrol the front lagoon all the time so if you going to fish from the shore make sure you have your license with you.
I have personally launched from the back lagoon, went under 5, went under the train bridge, over the barricade in the water, across the front lagoon, and shot out between the jetties into the ocean during an out going tide. The ride back in on the incoming tide after fishing was FAST and fun.

Mike
Thanks Mike, just the info I was looking for
TEAMFISH is offline   Reply With Quote