Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Buy, Sell, or Trade Kayak Fishing Gear
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-07-2010, 01:01 PM   #1
deepdvr

Brand new Hodgman Guidelite breathable stockingfoot wader w/ zipper - Size L

I screwed up and ordered these waders in L when I should have gone XL. Now Cabelas is out of stock on them and I have 2 options, sell them here or return them for a refund. I'd rather see them go to someone on this board because it is a smoking deal and it saves me the hassle of sending them back. Regular price is $329-$359.

All the tags are still on, only tried them on once and realized my tree trunk thighs are a bit too big for these waders

Asking $100.

The actual cost w/o shipping if Cabelas still had them in stock. Please don't try to talk me down as I will just return them. Local pickup only in Carlsbad.

http://www.hodgman.com/coleman/colem...d=16001&brand=

Eric

858-472-4355

Last edited by deepdvr; 06-07-2010 at 01:11 PM.
deepdvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 02:29 PM   #2
dsafety
Olivenhain Bob

I have a similar problem except I think I need a medium. I bought a large. They fit fine except the legs are too long for me. I am 5'10. These would fit someone who is 6'2"

If anyone has a medium that they would like to exchange for a large, please let me know.

BTW, these are really nice waders. Very lightweight but tough in all the right places. The zipper is going to be a nice improvement. I may even be able to enjoy an extra beer or two while on the water.

Bob
dsafety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 04:23 PM   #3
Aaron

Funny that everyone got their waders today. I got mine too and these things are shaaaweeet. I guess I won't know how sweet they are until I get in the water. But these things are great. I too got the large and felt that the legs are maybe (???) a little long, but I think with some wear, they'll start to fit a bit better. I would NOT go with the mediums unless you have small feet. I wear a 10.5 and these things fit perfect. And the zipper (!), first time I've ever been looking this forward to having to take a piss on the water. Interested to see how the zipper holds out the water.

Thanks Matt for pointing these out. I've been looking for an adequate replacement for my float tube and kayak waders for a long time and these are them!
Aaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 04:44 PM   #4
Nic D

mine came today as well.

I thankfully asked Moyer which size he was buying and I ordered the same.

for anyone looking for waders, these things are sic
Nic D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 04:51 PM   #5
deepdvr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tamarack Studios View Post
mine came today as well.

I thankfully asked Moyer which size he was buying and I ordered the same.

for anyone looking for waders, these things are sic
Wow...you guys found XS???
Old 06-07-2010, 07:40 PM   #6
fongman

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsafety View Post
I have a similar problem except I think I need a medium. I bought a large. They fit fine except the legs are too long for me. I am 5'10. These would fit someone who is 6'2"
Bob, Have you tried them peddling your Hobie? I have Sims waders and they fit perfectly when standing and walking. But when I peddle with them on, they feel short since the sitting position and peddling motion require more fabric.
fongman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 08:29 PM   #7
dsafety
Olivenhain Bob

Quote:
Originally Posted by fongman View Post
Bob, Have you tried them peddling your Hobie? I have Sims waders and they fit perfectly when standing and walking. But when I peddle with them on, they feel short since the sitting position and peddling motion require more fabric.
Thanks Fongman, I will check that out. Maybe I just like the idea of being able to fit in something marked Medium. These appear to be great waders but they sure fit differently than the ones I have been using.

Bob
Old 06-07-2010, 09:08 PM   #8
Lets_Fish

Sorry for the thread jack.

I too purchased a pair and received them today. I'm 5'9" 190ish and I purchased the medium. 9.5 foot size = perfect, feel a little long in the legs and good fit in the torso, but I believe they will fit much better once adjusted.

This is a great deal if you are looking for a large pair. Worth the $$.
Lets_Fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 09:26 PM   #9
thien

quick question

Just received two pairs today as well, one for me and one for my bro. The only thing we noticed were that the zippers were different on his waders. My zipper is hidden, protected by the storm flaps so you basically don't see it, however his is in plain view, one big black zipper. Just wondering what you guys are experiencing. Don't mean to thread jack.

Thanks
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2010-06-07 22.21.39.jpg (35.8 KB, 436 views)
thien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 09:27 PM   #10
teto116

sale appears to be over
teto116 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 10:33 PM   #11
Fiskadoro

Hey Eric I have a similar problem I have a pair of Hodgeman TAC's that are too big for me as they are X-large

.Horco-Tex CL Plus waterproof, breathable fabric. Lightweight breathable upper. Riri 100% waterproof front zipper. Side pull adjustment etc..

These are great no no nonsense waders, I really like their design, but I fished them once but they were too big for me. Great fabric, embroidered logo, very classy, and comfortable. They still look pretty much new.

They were top of the line but cheaper then yours when I bought them but I got them on sale as well. Now they list for 179.99 at the page you linked to.

http://www.kodiakoutback.com/images/...Nbg_detail.jpg

I was thinking of putting them up for sale anyway. If you want to make a trade I'll take yours and give you mine plus fifty bucks.

We can even meet and fish La Jolla when we exchange them....

Jim

Jim
Fiskadoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 05:58 AM   #12
dsafety
Olivenhain Bob

Quote:
Originally Posted by thien View Post
Just received two pairs today as well, one for me and one for my bro. The only thing we noticed were that the zippers were different on his waders. My zipper is hidden, protected by the storm flaps so you basically don't see it, however his is in plain view, one big black zipper. Just wondering what you guys are experiencing. Don't mean to thread jack.

Thanks
Mine has the big black zipper.

Bob
Old 06-08-2010, 06:20 AM   #13
Nic D

Mine has the big zipper too.
Nic D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 11:23 AM   #14
Jimmyz123

I actually cancelled my order moments after I ordered them because I was worried that I would not get the right size. I ordered a large originally and I'm glad now that I cancelled them. I'm 5'7" 160 with a size 8 foot and it sounds like those would have been too big.
Jimmyz123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 05:15 PM   #15
deepdvr

Sale pending
Old 06-08-2010, 06:26 PM   #16
dsafety
Olivenhain Bob

I tried mine on again. Either these waders are long or I am short. Anyway, I am sure they will work fine. I think that there may be two versions of this product. The tag talks about some fleece lined had warmers and an internal draw string. My waders do not have either of those features but they do have two inside zippered pockets that will be perfect for keys and a cell phone.

Still open for a trade for mediums but if I can't make that happen I will happily use these waders.

This purchase makes my Gortex chest waders surplus. They are in great shape. If anyone is interested, please PM me with questions or an offer. I also have a pair of neoprene waders that I no longer use.

Bob
Old 06-09-2010, 09:08 PM   #17
Johnp

I recieved mine two days ago. 5'7" got a medium and the legs seem long for me as well. But the instructions state you should be able to raise your leg up in a bent posistion with out binding. This extra length seems to make sense when you do this. Black zipper on my pair and did not have the drawstring either. Really nice quality at an amazing price. No more skipping the big cup of coffee in the morning. Matt thanks for the heads up on this deal.
Old 06-09-2010, 09:42 PM   #18
Vikingj

At 6'4", 230lbs, shoe 12, and waist 38" I ordered a XL but they were out of stock. If anyone got an XL that is too large for them, let me know? Thanks, Wayne
Vikingj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2010, 03:43 PM   #19
kobra

If anyone got a pair of mediums and want to sell, please let me know. Thanks.
kobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 04:53 AM   #20
deepdvr

SOLD - forgot to update