Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-20-2010, 06:44 PM   #1
Kiyo

Very glad your ok Tom! I had Andy install an automatic bilge pump that pumps water out of the kayak if the kayak reaches a certain level. There is a floating arm that goes up when the water starts to fill inside the kayak. I recommend this pump to everyone! That water flows out big time with a 12 volt battery. When I used to use the huge ice cooler as a bait tank on my Stealth 14, it was just too much weight and water would leak into the back hatch. I felt really safe with that pump.

Old 04-20-2010, 06:51 PM   #2
GregAndrew

Great story and lots of invaluable info. Not just important to own the safety equipment, but it needs to be accessible and tethered when the chit hits the fan.
GregAndrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 07:02 PM   #3
B Slate

Hey Tom sorry to hear about the loss but I'm glad your alright. The ocean can be tuff but glad you knew what you were doing and kudos to the guys at dana landing and the guys who gave you a ride back to shore.
B Slate is offline   Reply With Quote