Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-20-2006, 12:37 PM   #1
Iceman
Administrator

3/20 LJ 1st day of Spring ?

Woke up to 10 kt winds, but decided that was good halibut drifting speed. Got to the launch around 1st light. Just me and one other this morning, that I know of. Surf was still that NW wind swell with an occasional 3 footer in the mix. Made it out after taking one to the chest. I repaired my portabable F/F and was reading 53 and 54 degree water all morning. Made a couple greenbacks and worked them from 15 feet to 100 trying to find something. Not a whole lot on the meter and never saw a bait on the surface. Alot of dogs up there, just sleeping. Consistant wind all morning from the south. 8 kt lulls and 15 kt gusts. Threw in the towel around 10:30. Made it in dry, but I did have to paddle back out to avoid one................I need a plan B, well actually I need a plan C
Old 03-20-2006, 02:57 PM   #2
PlasticSkipper

I did the same Sunday morning about 6:00am to 10:00am with nothing biting or even showing on the FF. When I got to the kelp around 7:00am it was bent over so much I couldn't see it. By 9:00am it was on the surface and bent towards Scripps Pier, which way is considered downhill? Murky green 55 degree water. Welcome to Spring! Dave
PlasticSkipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2006, 05:23 PM   #3
DESTROYER

Andy- There are too many nice in San Diego to fish days like today. I was busy getting my skiff ready to be sold. See ya next Monday, Weather permitting.

TL-Matt
DESTROYER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2006, 08:55 PM   #4
madscientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOYER THE FISH DESTROYER
Andy- There are too many nice in San Diego to fish days like today. I was busy getting my skiff ready to be sold. See ya next Monday, Weather permitting.

TL-Matt
Did you pick up some rod leashes at the show? :lol:
madscientist is offline   Reply With Quote