Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports

Old 02-26-2007, 10:19 AM   #1
npaulsson

LJ

As we have done a few years by now, I and my better half went to LJ over the holidays to visit Brad, his wife and his pussy. Needless to say, we spent allot of time on the waters.

It started out on Christmas Eve with a really nice morning and all. Nice weather, a whole bunch of yakers but not too many hookups. The largest catch of the day was when Brad got busy with a Seal.

Apparently they weren't in to each other because they broke their engagement after just a few minutes when a YT school surfaced. Besides 2-3 YT, there was also a skinny Halibut who wanted to be affiliated with the kayak community.

Christmas day was an even nicer day. It started early in the morning with a fat Cuban (actually a Dominican but who's picky)

followed by the catch of the day -An Octopus

After 2 days of endless excitements we thought about taking a day off. That lasted until afternoon the 26th when we decided to go Lobster hooping. In my naive state of mind it would be a nice calm and slow evening on the yaks. After 4 hours of grueling biceps exercise, pulling the nets, we were in the vicinity of having caught 90 Lobsters as well as 1 Moray eel chewing on Brads butt - well almost chewing anyway. For grand finale we also got this little thing

-A six feet Leopard Shark. So, after a hard night’s work we got to keep these babes:

which gives us a hit rate of 2/90 . The Lobster in the middle having glasses is not a Lobster. That is a very tired but happy author.

A few slow days followed with a Lizard fish here, a Bass there, a ton of greenies and a load of Dolphins. New Years Eve was yet another really nice day on the sea. The Dolphins were really into the greenies when Brad suddenly shouted "They're comin’ at ya! Look down". So I did, and instantly realized that I was 3 feet above a freeway.

A school of panicking Macks participated in a high speed chase under my yak, followed first by a bunch of torpedoes (Dolphs) and then three subs (sea lions/seals). For me it was the very same feeling I had the first time I was about to drive a motorbike. I felt that something exciting was about to happen but I had absolutely no control over it, what so ever . Unfortunately my camera was too slow to get any pictures of the Dolphins/Seals.

In all, some really nice days in La Jolla with Brad. NoYT, no Butt, just soooo ok weather.

And for you spoiled yakers over there, this is what it's like in Sweden now:

Cheers
/Niels

PS. Adi, say hi to your wife from me and Marie. DS.
npaulsson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 10:30 AM   #2
steveooo

Cool write up. Any fishing in sweeden??? Narwhal from the Yak?!?!?
steveooo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 11:07 AM   #3
BWE Moderator
Law and Order Please

Thanks for the timely report Niels It must be the time difference.
BWE Moderator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 11:36 AM   #4
Mr_PeaCH

Quote:
Originally Posted by npaulsson View Post
As we have done a few years by now, I and my better half went to LJ over the holidays to visit Brad, his wife and his pussy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by npaulsson
Needless to say, we spent allot of time on the waters.

lol

SAY NO MORE, SQUIRE!
Mr_PeaCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 12:02 PM   #5
npaulsson

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWE Moderator View Post
Thanks for the timely report Niels It must be the time difference.
Oh yes. The jet lag was really bad this time...
Old 02-26-2007, 12:15 PM   #6
npaulsson

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveooo View Post
Cool write up. Any fishing in sweeden??? Narwhal from the Yak?!?!?
Not even any Narwhals. All fishing activities are more or less shut down. You can tell by the tidal wave of C&R flame wars, photos of each and everyone’s newly acquired equipment, discussions about which one of the 20 different brands of hooks is best for a 10 pound Northern Pike and discussions about the correctness of Cod fishing infesting the Swedish fishing sites. There is much frustration among fishermen longing for spring. I’m no better. I’ve cleaned up my tackle box 4 times so far this winter. The only thing remaining to do is .

/Nilsie
Old 02-27-2007, 09:00 AM   #7
madscientist

Hey Nils, good to hear from you. When's the herring run begin?
Old 02-27-2007, 10:40 AM   #8
npaulsson

Quote:
Originally Posted by madscientist View Post
Hey Nils, good to hear from you. When's the herring run begin?
Howdy Sire Dude,

The much appreciated Herring will move in from the Atlantics about mid April and that's when real men have to prove themselves. There are usually a couple of casualties every year among the poor guys who aren't up to the standards. It isn’t pretty, but once you get one of those 1/4 pounders on the hook, you forget everything else.

Yeah, right. I've got a can of fermented ones with your name on it.