Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-11-2017, 05:25 PM   #1
Navyyak
Junior

Rosarito trip

Hey there, headed to Rosarito to do some fishing this coming weekend since the Mexico ban has been lifted for military here in SD. Wondering if anybody has any advice. Was thinking of kayaking out to Islas Coronado and checking it out unless there is an easier way to get out there. What do I need in terms of staying legal out on the water? Tips on gear or areas in specific to check out? Thanks for your help guys!
Navyyak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2017, 06:01 PM   #2
taggermike

Even straight out from rosirito the islands are too far. I'd guess 8-10 Miles. Also the rosirito beaches can get very rough. Similar to imperial Beach in many ways. It's swell dependant of course but not a good area. The only real sheltered launch near there would be just south at Papotla. There's a nice little bay where the pangas launch. It would be easy on a kayak. Mike
taggermike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2017, 08:59 AM   #3
Iceman
Administrator

I'd hit La Salinas, used to be $10 or $20 to park and launch from the security of the marina.
Old 02-12-2017, 03:50 PM   #4
taggermike

Andy, La salinas is a good call. The entrance is so filled with sand I don't think boats can use it but it'd be fine for yaks. Mike
taggermike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2017, 09:15 AM   #5
Baja_Traveler

Just be aware that for six straight weekends in a row the San Ysidro crossing has been closed by protesters in TJ first thing every morning...
Baja_Traveler is offline   Reply With Quote