Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-23-2011, 09:52 AM   #1
lbsurf2ca

My First Yellow comes on the plug!

My First Yellow comes on the plug!

I had tried for about a year to get yellow with no luck. I have been in situations with boiling yellows before and completely choked. I have dragged baits for days with nothing. My wife was sick of me not coming home with fish. Starting to question if I was really going fishing....For our 1st year aniversary, knowing how addicted I am to the sport, she gave me a card with printed out picture of a DarkHorse. Haha!

On an outting with Josh I had several goes at nice fish but by my own faults I could not seal the deal. Once with Boiling fish at the surface (backlash) and a second fish hooked and taken deep into some kelp and rocks.

A few weeks later I was lucky enough to be put in a situation with Massive amouts of boiling yellows. Those types of situations don't give you much time so being ready is key and Josh certianly gave me the skills and coaching of being ready.

On this day you could definately feel the magic in the Air. Only a couple people out and as one bwe member always puts it "Looks like one of those big fish with la jolla in the background days". I also had some other luck that day. My buddy canceld on me to go golf. Everytime that happens I seem to land a fish that day.

I now understand the feeling that Kevin Describes in his Surface Iron post. Its am amazing experience. Shes not huge but shes massive in my eyes. Sharon thanks again for the beer and Jer thanks for the assist that day.

My apologies in advance for all the product placement in this photo.
Attached Images

lbsurf2ca is offline   Reply With Quote