Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-02-2014, 08:23 AM   #19
momo fish

Thanks all as I look to all you experts first for advise.

I was wondering cause although I have only flipped once I thought it was all about speed and powering through the waves while keeping straight. My old stealth was heavy enough to break through waves up to 5 foot. Could just be my luck/fear and respect everytime I launch that has kept me from flipping often. I launch mostly from county line and it's hardly ever easy and wish I could understand waves better.

So even landing better to take out? My plan was to keep drive in but use paddle in hand in case I need to back up. And then paddle hard in front of wave. Jump out once in 4 feet and grab front.

If this sounds stupid please let me know as everything makes sense when it's in your head like jumping off the 2nd floor of house into a pile of snow as a kid. Broken ankle later I learned the lesson.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
momo fish is offline   Reply With Quote