Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-12-2015, 07:49 AM   #1
Matt_Magnone
Junior

LJ 8/11

Had a chance to get out yesterday to flat conditions. Water temp dropped a bit on the beach from my last trip so after making bait, I headed out looking for a little warmer stuff. Made it out to around 130' and my fly line gets picked up. Smaller grade Yellow but It was my turn to pick up dinner for the family so in the boat she went.

65#/40# Seaguar
94150 Mustad
130'
68 Degrees

After the rat, headed offshore. Found warmer water so I decided to make a loop. Nada. Coming back in I had a visitor. One leg dangling, winding my bait back in on the opposite side, I happened to glance down just in time to watch a big Hammerhead swirl 5' from my foot. The shark stayed on my kayak hot for about a mile or so.

Just inside the reserve, I glanced back to watch the thing haul @$$, sound and then hit the stern of the kayak.

It comes with the territory, but for those that are getting ready to run out, be careful as there's a lot of "life" out right now.

Quick little fish catch video:

(951) 658-7410

Last edited by Matt_Magnone; 08-12-2015 at 08:07 AM.
Matt_Magnone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2015, 08:32 AM   #2
FISH11

Saw you out there yesterday. Congrats on bringing home diner. I was in the white X Factor. Look like you had better luck than me. I had trouble making bait, so I spent most of the time trolling west and north. Tried a sardine rapala, crocodile 3 oz spoon, mac waxwing, etc, no luck. Need to bring some chum stuff for keeping the bait ball close when using the sabiki. Never saw any bird action or boils all day, started back in around 1:30. Tight Lines, Mark.
Old 08-12-2015, 12:32 PM   #3
Apex

Yo Matt good catch dude. Friends on FB dude let's share some water sometime ..Adam and I are fishing Sat if you have some free time man.
Old 08-12-2015, 05:50 PM   #4
Matt_Magnone
Junior

Mark, I remember seeing your X out there. Bait was hard just targeting the edges. I had to meter them then shut down the sonar. Transducer ping had them a little sketch. Found most of them deeper. 5 cranks off the bottom type stuff. I headed out myself after picking the little dude. Couple terns but nothing really to speak of.

Louis, we'll definitely have to get out there sooner than later. Might be out there next week Tuesday or Wednesday or so but not sure. Have to take care of sponsor stuff. I work Saturday but hit me up when you're going next!
(951) 658-7410
Matt_Magnone is offline   Reply With Quote