Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-11-2015, 09:56 AM   #1
Dirty Curti

Carlsbad Sleigh ride 08/09

Hit the water about 6:45 and made bait along the kelp line. pinned one on and trolled outside the kelp edge for nothing. I decided to head out towards the spot I hooked into one a couple of weeks ago and as soon as I hit the 100 ft. mark the reel screams. This one went 42" to fork and 22 lbs.

Carlsbad sleigh ride

It was just a perfect day out on the water. Met a guy named George out there who got into one as well. George, here is your on the water shot. Man I thought you were gonna be out there all day fighting that guy on your cardiff stick. Way to go and maybe I'll see you out there in a couple of weeks as I will be heading out on the Oceanside 95 this weekend for an overnight trip.

[IMG]
[/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

Last edited by Dirty Curti; 08-11-2015 at 01:35 PM.
Dirty Curti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2015, 10:11 AM   #2
spicolly

Nice fish and report! Congrat's! Where do you launch and land? I live in CBad and have been scouting areas around Ponto and up north near the warm water jetties. My biggest fear is landing because there always seems to be swell and very little time in between sets. Thanks!
spicolly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2015, 11:11 AM   #3
GBCbad

Thanks for the photos Curtis and nice to meet you. Have fun this weekend and I will see you in a couple weeks. I pretty sure I was way over cautious on the fight but was not going to lose my first YT from the yak.

Been a lurker for awhile and have learned a ton from everyone on this site so...thank you.
GBCbad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2015, 11:44 AM   #4
Dirty Curti

Quote:
Originally Posted by spicolly View Post
Nice fish and report! Congrat's! Where do you launch and land? I live in CBad and have been scouting areas around Ponto and up north near the warm water jetties. My biggest fear is landing because there always seems to be swell and very little time in between sets. Thanks!
I usually launch from the flattest spot in front of the power plant. Landing wherever looks best when I come in. Timing is critical but if there is a swell I am not going out.

Quote:
Thanks for the photos Curtis and nice to meet you. Have fun this weekend and I will see you in a couple weeks. I pretty sure I was way over cautious on the fight but was not going to lose my first YT from the yak.

Been a lurker for awhile and have learned a ton from everyone on this site so...thank you.
Alright George, welcome aboard. Glad you found the post. Enjoy the shots. Hope to see you again out there.

Dirty Curti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2015, 12:39 PM   #5
spicolly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty Curti View Post
I usually launch from the flattest spot in front of the power plant. Landing wherever looks best when I come in. Timing is critical but if there is a swell I am not going out.
Thanks @DirtyCurti!!! Will see you out there one day!
spicolly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2015, 12:41 PM   #6
surfisher

Nice work. Headed out that way again this morning for nada. Win some lose some haha.
surfisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2015, 06:58 PM   #7
Cbad Mike

Nice going guys.
I saw ya out there when I drove by.
Old 08-11-2015, 10:02 PM   #8
urbanforest92
Junior

What did setup did you use? Looks like a Cardiff on a saguaro rod..nice YT by the way!
urbanforest92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2015, 10:15 PM   #9
Rav3n805

Nice score. With surf small it was prime to hit that spot. I scored also.. Definitely fishy...
Rav3n805 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2015, 08:42 AM   #10
GBCbad

Yup.....that's my econo friendly set up. Cardiff 400, saguaro 6'6 with 40#braid and 150yds or so of 20# mono top shot. It works but not the best set up for the troll.
GBCbad is offline   Reply With Quote