Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-15-2020, 12:21 PM   #1
Jkfishing

Report for Cambria

5 of us fished cambria from our kayaks last Friday and Saturday morning. Friday condition was perfect but Saturday was the opposite 3-5 ft. Swell (maybe bigger) with 15 mph wind. Lucky for us we were going the same direction with the wind and a current which made coming in much easier just have to be careful not to flip in the washing machine waves and current.

I caught my PB from kayak lingcod 33 inch and 11 1/2 lbs. and my first Cabazon 17 inch.
I lost about the same size lincod last year so it was super satisfying to get a 2nd chance and made it count.

We did catch and cook on the cliff it was beautiful and lots of fun.
Attached Images

Jkfishing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2020, 01:58 PM   #2
BenCantrell

Awesome! That cabezon is really cool. Would love to fish up there at some point.
BenCantrell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2020, 06:15 PM   #3
Harry Hill

Where do you launch from in Cambria? I plan on hauling our yaks up there to fish Morro Bay and Cayucas but I would like to fish Cambria also. If I remember correctly the beach there is all cobble. Is there a bay or sandy beach to launch from up there?
Old 06-15-2020, 07:18 PM   #4
Jkfishing

Leftingwell landing launch

best place to launch in cambria is Leftingwell landing. Super easy and calm protected cove to launch and land with you kayak. Even with poor conditions 3-5 ft swell and 15 mph wind on Saturday it was still less then ankle high wave to land our kayak.

You can type in leftingwell landing on Waze app for directions.

I highly recommend checking out, if you plan on going PM me I'll give you gps for a spot to get you started.
Jkfishing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2020, 09:43 PM   #5
Harry Hill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jkfishing View Post
best place to launch in cambria is Leftingwell landing. Super easy and calm protected cove to launch and land with you kayak. Even with poor conditions 3-5 ft swell and 15 mph wind on Saturday it was still less then ankle high wave to land our kayak.

You can type in leftingwell landing on Waze app for directions.

I highly recommend checking out, if you plan on going PM me I'll give you gps for a spot to get you started.
Thank you, that will be great to know. I'm sure I'll be going up this fall. Some GPS spots would be great.
Old 06-16-2020, 11:53 AM   #6
jruiz
Large Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Hill View Post
Thank you, that will be great to know. I'm sure I'll be going up this fall. Some GPS spots would be great.
A commonly fished spot is a pinnacle a little more than a mile from the launch. Personally, I find it more fun to pull out rockfish/lings/cabs from shallow water kelp. Largest rockfish I caught there was in 25ft of water in a forest of kelp.
Attached Images

jruiz is offline   Reply With Quote