Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-22-2011, 02:29 PM   #1
tasteslikechikn54

newbie... la jolla fishing question...

Made my first Recon mission to la jolla shores today to check out the parking situation and the conditions for the day. I made it out after work, around 1130 am or so, and the conditions were awesome... Should have brought the kayak with me. it looked like a lake out there. I ran into a kayak fisherman out there and asked some questions. The guy was very cordial and helpful, I'm sure he's a member of BWE. Thanks for info by the way... I asked him how far the paddle was to the fishing grounds and he pointed out towards the boyies... I was just curious to find out, if and what areas are off limits out there... With all the recent hoopla with the mlpa. I might make it out there Friday if anyone is interested in joining... I would like to hook up with any of the regulars to show me around... I'm a newbie and it will be my first time kayak fishing at la jolla... Thanks.
tasteslikechikn54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 02:38 PM   #2
coxtanker421

Lay low Marine

are you in LA area or LJ resident. pm if you want to do local stuff here in malibu . im looking to fish with someone, regardless of experience. im in burbank . probably will do a LJ trip soon. have a pickup if you want to caravan. if your new, i might be able to teach you a few things i lelarned from professional. J P . do you know how to private message? yes im still rookie status with yak.
coxtanker421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 02:48 PM   #3
tasteslikechikn54

[QUOTE=coxtanker421;100994]are you in LA area or LJ resident. pm if you want to do local stuff here in malibu . im looking to fish with someone, regardless of experience. im in burbank . probably will do a LJ trip soon. have a pickup if you want to caravan. if your new, i might be able to teach you a few things i lelarned from professional. J P . do you know how to private message? yes im still rookie status with yak.[/QUOTe

San Diego local... Sorry bud. If the conditions are good for Friday, ill definitely be heading out. Thanks.
Old 11-22-2011, 02:52 PM   #4
lbsurf2ca

Friday you have a little NW swell (Head High). It never gets too bad at the launch but could be a little wet. It may not be the best first time experience if you never launched in surf. If you do end up going out make sure be most careful on the way in. Strap stuff down or carry a dive mask with you . It can really ruin your first experience if you loose equipment on your first outing. I'm sure you will be fine. I'll be out there most likely a long with many others.
lbsurf2ca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 02:57 PM   #5
bubblehide

hey Tastychicken54, seriously, do yourself a favor and hire Josh Pruit for a day. As a newbie, he'll teach you to do things the right way. To top it off, you'll learn more about fishing form him in a day, than you will in a lifetime of fishing with others.

And, welcome!
bubblehide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 03:11 PM   #6
lbsurf2ca

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubblehide View Post
hey Tastychicken54, seriously, do yourself a favor and hire Josh Pruit for a day. As a newbie, he'll teach you to do things the right way. To top it off, you'll learn more about fishing form him in a day, than you will in a lifetime of fishing with others.

And, welcome!
So True!
lbsurf2ca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 03:14 PM   #7
tasteslikechikn54

Quote:

And, welcome!
Is he out of OEX? How much does he charge for a trip and how long is he out there for? Any reference website or information will be greatly appreciated... Thanks for the welcome guys.
Old 11-22-2011, 05:30 PM   #8
CandyCatcher

Quote:

And, welcome!
Really?
CandyCatcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 06:46 PM   #9
roadx

i high suggest hiring Josh Pruitt aka DARKHORSE. besides being a good guy and an excellent teacher. he knows how to put clients on fish.

link to his website
http://inshorekayak.com/