Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-17-2020, 06:52 AM   #1
SHRED

New video camera suggestions

Looking to upgrade my video camera.

I have been using a Go Pro Hero 2 with a BacPac battery extension for years now.

I mount it behind me on a pole about 3 feet long, turn it on, set a timer on my phone when to change the batteries and sdcard.

I'm looking for suggestions for a camera that gives me least hassle changing up batteries and cards for my approximate 4 hour fishing adventures.

I have an older desktop that I fear will choke on 4K processing. (Win10 64bit, Quad Core 6600 CPU, 8 g ram, a good video card).

I do have a 4K OLED television that I'm sure a 4K video would look great on though.

I'm looking at the Hero 6 or 7 lineup now.

Thanks and tight lines!
SHRED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2020, 08:35 AM   #2
chris138
donkey roper

You will be shocked when you see how much better the video quality is coming out of the new gopros compared to your Hero2. Its night and day difference the image stabilization is unreal.

Right now you can trade in your hero2 or any digital camera for 100$ off a Hero 8 black. i just got one
chris138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2020, 08:44 AM   #3
SHRED

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris138 View Post
You will be shocked when you see how much better the video quality is coming out of the new gopros compared to your Hero2. Its night and day difference the image stabilization is unreal.

Right now you can trade in your hero2 or any digital camera for 100$ off a Hero 8 black. i just got one
Just got a Hero 8 black Costco bundle. Good deal. And I used a gift card also.
SHRED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2020, 08:54 AM   #4
Udine219
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris138 View Post

+1
Udine219 is offline   Reply With Quote