Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-03-2016, 01:32 PM   #1
Saba Slayer

Cedros 3-28

I really had a lot of fun visiting and fishing Cedros Island last week and I want to share my trip...There'll be lots of photos so I'll try and keep the descriptions to a minimum.

The Island has a lot of similarities to Catalina.. it's about 25 miles off the mainland it's about the same length as Cat...also a very arid place with some spruce or evergreen type low trees on the mountain tops and some springs around the island...the south leeward side is the populated part...

The town of Cedros is built up out from the marina area...

This is the South end of the island looking up the windward (West) side. The airport is under us as we swing over it.

The plane is pretty small and you are allowed 30 lbs of clothes and gear before the surcharge...notice the table in the foreground and the dog in the background by the plane with the Mexican marines. You fly out of Ensenada leaving from the military base/airport. At the military base the marines go through your luggage and gear then stack it all by the plane and let the dog go over it....the same routine is repeated when you land at Cedros!

The marina at the bottom of the town...

Looking back up towards town from the marina...

We stopped by Cedros Tackle store on the 5 minute tour of town.

A couple of photos looking down towards the town from outside the Cedros Tackle compound.

Tomorrows launch...we had some kayak rigging to do today...

Putting Scotty Flush Mounts on all the Outbacks and a fishfinder in one yak to show the guys the install method.

Last edited by Saba Slayer; 04-03-2016 at 01:58 PM.
Saba Slayer is offline   Reply With Quote