Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-28-2010, 09:03 AM   #1
yani

Adi, it's Me, Adi... parts 2&3 (i'm running out...)

Yes Adi, here's your last two WSB's reports
from me. For the time being.

Here's an American twist on a Mediterranean natural dry rub: Blackened Sumac.

Dry rubs can be used in many ways. Chef Paul Prudhomme lathers up fish with Cajun Spices and sears them in a red-hot frying pan. Me, I use Sumac in the same way.

Sumac is a crushed dried red berry from the sumac shrub found along the Mediterranean's shores. It has a sour, lemony taste with a background of heat. Middle Easterners use Sumac on all types of meats and fish. They'll even sprinkle it on their pilaf. Don't look for Sumac at the Ranch 99 Market. Find it at your local Med Market, then get ready to taste something out of this world on your fish.

Now for one of my favorite herbs with WSB: Rosemary.

The final dish is WSB shiskbabs, skrewed on rosemary branches, with a side of Leeks and Rice. The skrews impart an unreal, mild rosemary flavor that keeps you licking the sticks long after the shiskbab is gone. The rosemary skrews can be had from any of your neighbor's bushes. Don't worry, your neighors will thank you after you bring them a taste.

After you've tried them on fish, give your favorite meats a try. Like, maybe, young tender Lamb? (But beware the old Lambs, they don't taste very good...they're just lucky fishermen.)