Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-09-2009, 01:01 PM   #1
C. Cary

Carlsbad MLPA Meeting Karma?

I hit up the Carlsbad MLPA meeting on Monday. I stood in the hall (no room in the meeting room), sweating and waiting my turn to speak. When it was my turn, I tried to relay to the RSG members how important it was to me personally to keep La Jolla open. I told them I was a family man and a business owner and what a wonderful thing it was to me to know on the weekend, after a particulary challenging week of work, that I can fish at La Jolla. Fish La Jolla, with it's safe beach launch and easy access. After the meeting enjoyed a Brew and some pizza at Pizza Port in Carlsbad. Rehashed the meeting and enjoyed some good company.

Well this week at work was an SOB. I decided I was much overdue for a La Jolla run. As much as I love to fish, I just don't get out on the water that often. Today was only my second trip to La Jolla since the La Jolla Benefit Kayak Tournament.

I knew it was going to be a good day. I was going to be out on the water, enjoying the weather, fishing and getting that all important mental recharge. It took me about 1/2 hour to catch 3 spanish macks for bait. Since it was already about 7am I decided to go fish. I flylined a spanish and began the slow troll. I stopped in an area that looked "fishy" and let my bait soak. My reel chirped a bit, so I took it out of the rod holder, turned the clicker off and thumbed the spool. I waited about 15 seconds and the line took off. I gave it about a 7 count, put it on "strike" and began the fight. Came to the yak in short order, school size yellow(10 lbs), pulled into my lap, circle hook in the corner of the mouth and contemplated a catch and release. I decided on a keeper instead (brother in law and family are coming for dinner tonight) fish taco's.

My first yellowtail of the summer on my first fishing trip since the Carlsbad MLPA meeting, Karma???? you be the judge.

C. Cary out
C. Cary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 03:57 PM   #2
kurt

Quote:
My first yellowtail of the summer on my first fishing trip since the Carlsbad MLPA meeting, Karma???? you be the judge.

It's a proven fact that attending MLPA meetings helps you catch YT. For those of you slumping, Sept 10th is the next chance to get some lucky mojo.
http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/s...ead.php?t=5754
kurt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 04:25 PM   #3
Billy V

My Karma is on ice right now.

Nice going Chris.
Billy V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 07:43 AM   #4
habanero

No kidding Billy! This has been my best summer yet and I think it has to do with attending meetings as well. I missed the last meetings in Santa Monica and got skunked until I attended the Carlsbad meeting.

Just imagine the effect of making the last meeting in LA. You could make the Moyer tournament and then jumped on the Islander that night for the Cotez Trip!
+ =
habanero is offline   Reply With Quote