Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-25-2009, 06:36 PM   #1
TXyakker
Junior

Dont keep your reel in gear...

Unless your drag is light, or you like to go for a swim. Went out today for the second day in a row. Weather was a little more bumpy than Tuesday but when the fish are biting, you gotta do it. It was the usual parking lot but i managed to find a little opening and started the wait. It was getting close to having to go in for work when my boat started to lean and i couldnt figure out why. Next thing i know, i'm in the water and my boat is flipping over towards me. Well, i've been around the water long enough to not freak out just because i ended up in there instead of staying in my boat, so i flipped it back over real quick and my brain started thinking. Crap, i've probably just lost all my rods, my buddy's gaff, etc. As the boat comes back over all my rods are still there! YESSS! The camera/phone box is floating near by so i grab that (thank goodness for pelican boxes) and situate myself back in the boat. The whole reason i ended up flipping was still stuck in the rod holder, so i grab that puppy and i'm FISH ON! I didnt have a ton of boats around so i lucked out, not getting pulled all over creation. Taped out at 41", i dont have a scale so not sure how much it weighed. Thanks to the guys who came over to see if i needed any help!

Casey

TXyakker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 06:43 PM   #2
B Slate

Dammmmmm
Nice Yellow
B Slate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 06:51 PM   #3
yaksailor

Way cool! Hey, isn't that Dan in the back? Where's his fish?
yaksailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 07:11 PM   #4
yakrider

way to go Casey!!!!
nice yeller!!!!
glad to hear no equipment was lost...
and thanks for teaching the rest of us what not to do...
I have had the opportunity to share some "what not to do's" myself....
it's always good to laugh at ourselves...
yakrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 07:30 PM   #5
aftahour

what did the monstser take in flipinn u over!
aftahour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 07:35 PM   #6
driftwood

I do believe this makes your 3rd yellow. I saw Josh unravel that tangeled knot mess and save your fish on tuesday. Josh, that was nice quick work!
driftwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 07:44 PM   #7
TXyakker
Junior

take some

Luckily, all i had to donate to Posiedon was my tackle box and the scotty rod holder i didnt have in the bracket. I'll take losing a couple bucks worth of tackle over hundreds in rods and reels.

That does in fact make my 3rd, and i'm loving it. I did get some major help with the fish yesterday, from one heck of a fishing guide. Though, he could work on his "arrival time" some times. Must be that 8 hours of sleep he requires as a fishing guide
In all seriousness though, for you newer guys looking to learn, he definitely knows whats up and is more than willing to learn you a thing or 2 when you tag along with him.
TXyakker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 08:24 PM   #8
JOHN K
Junior

That's Karma

Nice work Casey - three tails since Sunday is a pretty impressive BENDER!!! Sending me those pictures on Monday must have got the fish gods on your side, even though it sounds like they had a little fun at your expense. Thanks again for the pictures and the great story.

Sure you are ready to head back to Texas?

P.S. - I finally sent you an e-mail today and my post is coming soon
JOHN K is offline   Reply With Quote