Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-12-2007, 08:26 AM   #1
Garibaldi_Hunter

Dana Point - Sun 03/11/07

NOTHING! NADA! ZIP! ZILCH! Still had a great time though..

Ok well this was the maiden voyage of my new yak. Picked up the Xtreme two weeks ago and unfortunately due to prior obligations (bachelor party in vegas) was not able to get it wet until yesterday. Since this was a used yak wanted to make sure and put her through the paces. All in all a wonderful day on the water.

Started out a little too early as I set my alarm for 4:00am (i use my blackberry) and forgot about the time change. So ended up down at Doheny Beach around 5:30 which was a good hour and half before grey. Since this was my first trip out of Dana and my first time launching the yak did not want to risk launching until visibility was improved. Once grey light hits I attacked the 12-18" knee slappers. Make it out dry and all gear accounted for.

Since I had seen DPLISKA's reports previously I decided to drag around some dead squid (no bait tank or tube yet) and toss plastics to see if his halibuts little sister was hanging around. No dice. However the kayak performed flawlessly. By that I mean it floated and I lost no gear.

Well need to get back to work so I can pay for the bait tank, fish finder, cart, life jacket, blah blah blah
Garibaldi_Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 11:40 AM   #2
metalbob
King of Constipation

i was out there as well on 3-10 got hit while yo yoing a tady aa?, i believe.gold and red on about 2 mi offshore...that was it though...thats the second time i have been there for nada.

sorry if i decribe a few things incorrectly im a total peon at this whole ocean thing but it sure is addicting...dumped my yak coming in on 2ft surf...to the Surfers delight and laughter..fair enough...i paddled back out wo my gear and just practiced surf landings for the next 30 min.

KING DIAMOND
metalbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 02:15 PM   #3
kenishere

earlier this month i was out at dana for similar results, new x-factor, flawless operation most stable yak ive been on. 2 reel failures ended the day early. looking forward to more time on the water to iron out the details. been eyeballen those big hali's posted here and want to go find one of my own. lots of luck with the new yak, hope to se yall out there!
rolling in the surf is a speciality enjoyed more by the onlookers
kenishere is offline   Reply With Quote