Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion

Old 11-25-2021, 01:02 PM   #1
Salty

Happy Thanksgiving!! (Plus Closure Update)

Wishing everyone a safe and happy Thanksgiving! Thankful for all the people here that shared advice and helped provide some extra motivation to keep me on the water so much this past year

Also, noticed the CADFG has made some updates to their Spill Response/Fishery Closure page and I thought I'd share. They added some helpful FAQs with current information:

https://socalspillresponse.com/fisheries-closure/

From the info posted, it looks like our fishery could POTENTIALLY reopen the week following Thanksgiving at the earliest. But that is only IF they deem it safe to do so. Lets all keep our fingers crossed that they don't need to extend the closure any further!
Salty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2021, 07:12 PM   #2
JohnMckroidJr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salty View Post
Wishing everyone a safe and happy Thanksgiving! Thankful for all the people here that shared advice and helped provide some extra motivation to keep me on the water so much this past year
Thanks, and likewise, I share your sediments. Wishing the best for a safe and happy holiday season for all of the BWE members.

Remarkable the size of the area shut down by that oil leak. The economic impact for that area of closed coastline must be huge. Hope they get those areas open pronto.
JohnMckroidJr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2021, 01:10 PM   #3
Mahigeer

All the best for the holidays to my friends here.
Mahigeer is offline   Reply With Quote