Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-09-2021, 06:47 AM   #41
grey zone

Quote:
Originally Posted by MITCHELL View Post
Thanks been hearing about that boaters card.
Another fee by the Democrats no doubt.
I have owned 4 registered boats over the years, but with increased population a good idea. I have seen people do alot of stupid things on the water.
You won't see me on the water anywhere on the weekends.
Actually the Boaters Card is only $10 through Boat US. I got mine 2 years ago, well before the time I'm actually required to have one. It was a very intensive education with 7 sections covering just about everything including safety, rules, even boat hull design. I took my time completing a course per day. Each course is 40 -70 pages and you have to spend about 25 seconds per page before you can go to the next. You have to pass an exam after each section. In the end you have about an 80 question final exam. I would guess that it would take a minimum of 8 hour to complete the entire course. With all the stupid antics I see on the water I'm very happy that everyone will be required to get this card by 2025. After I received my permanent Boating card Tow Boat US gave me a $50 discount on my next on the water towing bill.
grey zone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2021, 07:00 AM   #42
MITCHELL
Sea Hunter

Location: Where ever I may roam where I lay my head I call home.
Send a message via AIM to MITCHELL
Thanks for the info I have to call this morning

Quote:
Originally Posted by grey zone View Post
Actually the Boaters Card is only $10 through Boat US. I got mine 2 years ago, well before the time I'm actually required to have one. It was a very intensive education with 7 sections covering just about everything including safety, rules, even boat hull design. I took my time completing a course per day. Each course is 40 -70 pages and you have to spend about 25 seconds per page before you can go to the next. You have to pass an exam after each section. In the end you have about an 80 question final exam. I would guess that it would take a minimum of 8 hour to complete the entire course. With all the stupid antics I see on the water I'm very happy that everyone will be required to get this card by 2025. After I received my permanent Boating card Tow Boat US gave me a $50 discount on my next on the water towing bill.
They got all my info and $34 on my credit card but didn't go thru are you sure I have to have one for a canoe
Old 11-09-2021, 07:12 AM   #43
MITCHELL
Sea Hunter

I think I did finally get some sleep 😴

Quote:
Alabama rig in my jugular vein and I was awake when they put it in, in my groin. I was bitching and moaning because the table I was on was fkd...i shut up when the Dr told me he was trying to save my life I shut up.
All you can do is calculate your risk no one knows there demise will be its a prediction ��
I really took it to heart ❤ this Gorge Floyd thing because I know what it's like not being able to breathe
And I was a diver on and off my whole life.
Used to push the limits in the pool.
After the nurses in the ER asked me do you want us to try and resuscituate you if your heart stops, I said ya I guess. In the morning when I awoke I thought I died and went to heaven because a beautiful young virgin angel was singing to me 😍
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20180917_145602.jpg (51.5 KB, 37 views)

Last edited by MITCHELL; 11-09-2021 at 10:23 AM.
MITCHELL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2021, 11:25 AM   #44
JohnMckroidJr

Quote:
I wish Florida enforce requirements like that... too many idiots on the water with no knowledge about what they are doing. Definitely the biggest danger to offshore fishing in the more populated areas of Florida.
JohnMckroidJr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2021, 12:06 PM   #45
grey zone

Quote:
They got all my info and $34 on my credit card but didn't go thru are you sure I have to have one for a canoe
If your engine is under 15HP you don't need one.
grey zone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2021, 02:49 PM   #46
MITCHELL
Sea Hunter

I just called them and that is correct

Quote:
If your engine is under 15HP you don't need one.
And I'm getting a refund thanks again
2.5 slide under the radar again 😎

Last edited by MITCHELL; 11-09-2021 at 08:37 PM.
MITCHELL is offline   Reply With Quote